Here are the top 10 reasons why you should make sloppy joes today.
1) They’re great for game day…or any day
2) They’re really easy to make
3) You can use up the leftover onion or bell pepper that’s sitting in the fridge
4) You can use up the ground turkey (or ground beef) that you took out of the freezer to defrost and never used
5) It’s a one-skillet meal and you’ll only dirty up one pan
6) It’s inexpensive
7) Most of the ingredients are pantry staples
8) Eating messy food is good for stress relief (this is just my personal opinion)
9) Meals made with ketchup are a good thing
10) It’s REALLY DELICIOUS!
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great rest of the day and upcoming week.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Ground turkey, olive oil, onion, bell pepper, onion powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, hot sauce, and slider rolls (or small sandwich buns)
Here’s how to make it:
Chop the onion…
and the green bell pepper.
Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil.
Next add the onions,
and bell pepper….
….sauté for about 4 minutes.
Add the ground turkey,
salt and pepper…
Then add the onion powder. Continue to stir as the ingredients are cooking until the turkey is completely cooked.
Add the Worcestershire sauce,
the ketchup (a very gourmet ingredient).
Next, add the water,
Add the hot sauce…
….and cover the pan. Simmer on low heat until the mixture thickens (about 8 minutes).
Give it one more good stir and serve on lightly toasted buns.
Ground Turkey Sloppy Joe Sliders
Yield: Serves 3
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: About 35 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
1 pound ground turkey
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 dashes salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
2 teaspoons hot sauce
9 slider buns (or small rolls, or buns)
Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil, onions and bell pepper. Sauté for about 4 minutes. Add the ground turkey, salt, pepper and onion powder. Continue to stir as the ingredients are cooking until the turkey is thoroughly cooked. Then add the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, water, and hot sauce. Stir together, cover with a lid and simmer on low heat until the mixture thickens (about 8 minutes). Just before serving, stir all ingredients. Serve on lightly toasted buns.