Cupboard Pantry Items
Following are some suggested basic pantry items for your cupboard.
Your favorite white, brown, or wild rice. Or try some of the boxed or bag seasoned rice mixes such as Uncle Ben’s Long Grain and Wild Rice where you just add water and butter. It’s a quick way to add flavor to a meal.
The following may also be available in wheat.
- Vermicelli (this is thinner than Spaghetti)
- Capellini (this is thinner than Vermicelli)
- Bowties (Farfalle)
- Elbow Macaroni (Gomito)
- Salad Macaroni (Ditalini)
- Spiral Noodles (Fusilli)
- Penne (medium tubes with ridges cut diagonally at both ends)
- Ziti (longer narrow hose-like tubes)
To be organized, an option is to store rice and pasta in clear plastic containers with screw on lids.
- Tomato Sauce
- Ready Cut Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Garbanzo, Kidney, Black, and Refried Beans
- Black Olives
- Vegetables (unless you prefer frozen or fresh)
- Green Beans, Corn, Peas (LeSueur petite sweet peas are great)
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
*If you don’t use this often, or if you live in an ant-prone area, an option is to store this in the refrigerator.
Spices and Herbs
- Dried Parsley
- Garlic Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Hot Pepper Flakes
- Seasoned Salt
- Ground Sage
- Bay Leaves
- Curry Powder
- Canola Oil
- Olive Oil
- Cartons of Chicken and Beef Broth
- Bread Crumbs