Bacon, Cheese and Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms stuffed to the brim and then some.
Have you ever arrived at a party or get-together a little bit late when the appetizers have been sitting out for a while?
Unless the appetizers are being kept warm somehow, they tend to cool off pretty quickly.
This is one of those appetizers that’s still delicious when it’s at room temperature.
The mushrooms in this recipe are stuffed to the brim and then some with a combination of vegetables, bacon, cheese and panko bread crumbs.
You know when each ingredient is good on its own, it’s going to taste really good when they are all combined.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
White mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, onion, Serrano pepper, kale, real bacon bits, mozzarella cheese (or string cheese), olive oil, panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper and oregano
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Dice the onions…
…and add them to a medium size bowl.
dice the zucchini…
…and add it to the bowl.
Dice the garlic and you guessed it,
add it to the bowl.
Dice the Serrano pepper and into the bowl it goes.
After cleaning the mushrooms, remove the stems.
If the mushrooms are fresh the stems should just snap off.
Dice the stems and into the bowl they go.
Next, heat a medium size skillet on medium heat,
and add the olive oil.
Then add the diced veggies to the pan.
Add the salt, pepper, and stir.
Add the oregano and stir.
Chop the kale,
and add it in with the veggies.
Stir and cook until the kale starts to turn a darker color (about 3 or 4 minutes).
Remove the veggies from the pan and put them back into the bowl they were in (it’s okay to reuse the bowl since there wasn’t any raw meat or eggs in it).
Dice the bacon…
and add them to the bowl.
Dice the mozzarella cheese and into the bowl it goes.
Add the panko bread crumbs…
and mix all of the ingredients together.
Okay, time for some stuffing.
Gently stuff the mushrooms…
so that the stuffing is in a mound over the mushroom.
There should be enough stuffing to “overstuff” each mushroom.
Place each stuffed mushroom on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake uncovered in a preheated oven until the cheese melts (about 10 to 15 minutes).
Serve while warm.
And they are also delicious if they cool off a bit.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Recipes with Mushrooms You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 7 large fresh white mushrooms cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2/3 cup diced zucchini
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 Serrano pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 dashes salt
- 4 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 large leaf of kale chopped
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the Vegetables - In a medium size bowl, add the onions, zucchini, garlic, and Serrano pepper. Set aside.
- For the Mushrooms - Remove the stems from the mushrooms. If the mushrooms are nice and fresh the stems should just snap off.
- Dice the stems and add them to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Sautéing the Vegetables - Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat, and add olive oil and the vegetables from the bowl.
- To the pan, add salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir together and sauté while stirring occasionally for 7 minutes.
- To the pan, add the chopped kale and stir. Sauté until the kale starts to turn a darker color (about 3 or 4 minutes).
- Preparing the Filling - Transfer the vegetables from the pan back into the bowl they were in.
- To the bowl, add bacon bits (dice the bacon if necessary), tomatoes, mozzarella and panko bread crumbs. Stir together.
- Stuffing the Mushrooms - Gently stuff the mushrooms with the filling so that the stuffing is in the shape of a mound on top of the mushrooms. There should be enough stuffing to “overstuff” each mushroom.
- Place each stuffed mushroom on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated oven until the cheese melts (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Serve warm.