Baked Herb and Parmesan Potato Slices
It’s basically impossible not to like these.
It’s great to have potatoes on hand for quick and easy side dishes like this one.
Often it’s not until just before dinner time that I come up with what I’m going to make and one of the side dishes is generally going to be potatoes, pasta or rice.
But for the potatoes, I store them in the refrigerator in a vegetable drawer that’s set on high humidity with the potato bag opened.
Here are some articles about refrigerating potatoes that you may like…from the blog Steamy Kitchen “Myth Busted! You can refrigerate your potatoes!” …and from the Kitchn “Why you should never store potatoes in the fridge“.
Red potatoes are wonderful to have on hand too for a quick side dish like these “Roasted Red Potatoes with Thyme“.
Both russet and red potatoes come in handy for dinners when I need to come up with something to go along with meat and vegetables.
These delicious baked sliced potatoes are made with both red and Russet potatoes and the skin is left on which makes the dish look even more colorful and appetizing.
They’re lightly coated with olive oil, herbs, spices and Parmesan cheese and look so pretty on a serving plate. Comfort food to the max.
Here are some comfort food main dishes that would taste wonderful with these baked potato slices “Simple Fried Chicken“, “Chicken Fried Pork Medallions with Homemade Gravy” and “Simple Chicken Nuggets“.
For me, the issue is whether the potatoes slices ever actually make it to the serving dish because they taste so good that I can’t keep stop snacking on them right out of the pan.
The thinner cut slices get crispy when they’re baked and are really really good right out of the oven.
So don’t be like me or there may not be any potatoes left to serve.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Russet and red potatoes, olive oil, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried Rosemary, dried thyme, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and…
…grated Parmesan cheese
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Rinse the potatoes and dry them off with a paper towel.
Slice the potatoes at a slight diagonal.
TIP – Try to keep the slices at a similar width so the potato slices cook evenly.
TIP – For more crispiness, cut the slices about 1/8 of an inch thick.
Add the potato slices to a large bowl.
Next add the herbs and spices.
Then add the olive oil.
Mix all of the ingredients together so the olive oil, herbs, and spices evenly coat both sides of the sliced potatoes.
Lay the potatoes on to a cookie sheet.
TIP – Try to lay the potatoes as flat as possible on the cookie sheet rather than stacking the potatoes on top of one another.
The potato slices that are laying directly on the cookie sheet will be crispier.
Next sprinkle more of the herbs and spices over the potatoes if you have extra.
Then top the potatoes with the grated Parmesan cheese.
Feel free to add more Parmesan cheese than is called for in the recipe if you like.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the thinnest pieces are a golden color.
Serve warm right out of the oven as a side dish.
The crispy ones are especially tasty!
When I make these…
…many of the crispy potato slices never see the light of day on the serving plate because I just can’t resist eating them.
…enjoy each and every…
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Potato Recipes you may also like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 2 whole russet potatoes medium size
- 2 whole large red potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse the potatoes and dry them off with a paper towel.
- Slice the potatoes at a slight diagonal.
- Try to keep the slices at a similar width (1/4 of an inch would be on the thicker side; about 1/8 of an inch is a nice size or even smaller if you like them more crispy) so they cook evenly.
- To a large bowl, add the potato slices.
- Add the herbs and spices to the bowl.
- Next, drizzle the olive oil on the potatoes.
- Mix all of the ingredients together so the olive oil and herbs evenly coat both sides of the sliced potatoes.
- Lay the potatoes on to an ungreased cookie sheet. Try to lay the potatoes as flat as possible on to the cookie sheet rather than stacking the potatoes on top of one another.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the thinnest pieces are a golden color. Serve warm right out of the oven.
- Try to keep the slices at a similar width so the potato slices cook evenly.
- For more crispiness, cut the slices about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Try to lay the potatoes as flat as possible on the cookie sheet rather than stacking the potatoes on top of one another. The potato slices that are laying directly on the cookie sheet will be crispier.
We are a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link, I may earn a commission. You can read our full disclosure here. In addition I may earn a commission for purchases made via my Amazon Influencer page.
Items Used In This Recipe, Or That You May Like From Amazon: