Dill and Toasted Almond Chicken Salad with Grapes
Packed with incredible flavors.
This chicken salad has a little of everything in it and is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken meat.
There’s a little sweet, a little savory, a little crunch and a lot of chicken.
Have you ever tried those rotisserie chickens that are in a hot case in the grocery store?
They’re pretty tasty and an easy way to make a quick meal.
If you do buy these, or make your own whole chicken for a meal, this recipe is a perfect way to use up the leftovers.
This delicious chicken salad can be served in a sandwich, on top of a salad, on bite size pieces of french bread as an appetizer, or just by itself.
Here are more recipes to make with chicken leftovers you may like “Spicy Chicken and Lime Taquitos“, “Chinese Chicken Salad with Homemade Dressing” and “Roasted Green Chili and Chicken Tortilla Soup“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Bite size pieces of cooked chicken, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dried dill, celery, green onions, red grapes, salt, raw slivered almonds, pepper, and apricot preserves
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
For the Toasted Almonds – Heat a small skillet on low heat.
Add the raw slivered almonds, and continuously stir (watch them closely because they brown super fast)…
…when the almonds start to turn a light brown (about 3 or 4 minutes), remove them from the heat and set aside to cool.
For the Chicken Salad – While the almonds are cooling, to a medium size bowl add the pieces of cooked chicken,
…chopped green onions,
…red grapes that are cut in half,
…and toasted almonds.
To the bowl, add Dijon mustard…
Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
Serve right away or chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Serve on your favorite sandwich bread, on top of a salad, on bite-size pieces of French bread as an appetizer, or just by its delicious self.
If making a sandwich, an option is to use sliced cucumbers instead of, or in addition to lettuce.
Next, cut the sandwich in half and it’s time to eat.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Sandwich Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1-1/2 cups bite size piece of cooked chicken
- 5 medium size stalks of celery
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup red grapes cut in half
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons apricot preservatives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or salt to taste
- For the Toasted Almonds - Heat a small skillet on low heat and add the raw slivered almonds. Stir the almonds continuously (watch them closely because they brown super fast).
- When the almonds start to turn a light brown (about 3 or 4 minutes), remove them from the heat and set aside to cool.
- For the Chicken Salad - While the almonds are cooling, to a medium size bowl, add the pieces of cooked chicken, celery, green onions and grapes.
- To the bowl, add mustard, mayonnaise, dill, pepper, salt, and apricot preserve and stir together.
- Add the toasted almonds and stir. Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Serve right away or chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serve on your favorite sandwich bread, on top of a salad, or on bite-size pieces of French bread as an appetizer.