Grilled Cheese Roll Ups
A classic grilled cheese favorite with a twist.
How about a rolled up grilled cheese sandwich?
Count me in! These grilled cheese roll ups are fun, different, and can be customized to include your fave ingredients just like in a regular grilled cheese sandwich.
And these roll ups are perfect for dipping too.
Try dipping them in tomato soup…they’re sooo good and comfort food to the max.
You know what the hardest thing was for me when taking pictures of these yummies?
It was sooo hard not to eat them before I could take all of the pictures.
So a word of warning, you’ll for sure need to make extra for the cook when making these roll ups.
They disappear fast.
And the good news is, only 3 ingredients.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients…
…sliced wheat bread, American cheese slices, and butter.
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Cut the crust off of each piece of bread (so not to waste the pieces of crust, they can be made into croutons).
use a rolling pin to flatten each piece of bread.
lay a piece of cheese…
….on each piece of bread.
Roll each piece of bread…
…with the cheese on the inside as tight as possible.
Heat a large skillet on low to medium heat.
Add the butter to the pan…
…if the pan is too small for all of the roll ups, reserve half of the butter to make a second batch.
With a pair of tongs, gently roll all sides of each roll up in the melted butter and lay the roll ups seam-side down in the pan.
Lightly brown each side of the roll up.
If the seam-side starts to open, use the tongs to squeeze the seam together.
Remove from the pan…
…and serve while warm with your favorite soup…
…salad, or all by themselves.
Then enjoy each and every cheesy bite.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Cheesy Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 9 slices of wheat sandwich bread
- 9 slices of American cheese
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- Use a rolling pin to flatten each piece of bread.
- Lay a piece of cheese on each piece of bread. Tightly roll each piece of bread with the cheese in the middle.
- Heat a large skillet on low to medium heat. Add the butter to the pan (if the pan is too small for all of the roll ups, reserve half of the butter to make a second batch).
- With a pair of tongs, gently roll all sides of each roll-up in the melted butter and lay the roll-ups seam-side down in the pan.
- Lightly brown each side of the roll up. If the seam-side starts to open, use the tongs to squeeze the seam together.
- Remove from the pan and serve while warm with your favorite soup, salad, or all by themselves.