Grilled Potato Slices
These tender slices of lightly seasoned slices of potato bliss will win your heart.
For those times when you just can’t come up with anything to make for dinner, think potatoes.
They make the best side dishes and taste good no matter what.
Here’s a super simple way to make a potato side dish right on the grill in minutes with only 6 ingredients.
It has a secret ingredient that gives the potato a subtle, wonderful flavor, beef bouillon granules (concentrated beef stock that’s been dried in a granular form).
These potato slices are cooked on a barbecue, so no pans to wash afterwards.
When cooking them on the grill, sometimes a slice or two of potato can fall through the grates on to the coals.
But no worries, it will just create a little smoke which makes the potatoes taste good anyway.
Here are more recipes cooked on the grill that you may like “Grilled Shrimp with Browned Butter and Rice“, “Grilled Corn with Basil and Gorgonzola Blue Cheese” and “Grilled Cilantro Burgers with Teriyaki and Pineapple“.
When you think of it, potatoes are such a loyal refrigerator pantry item.
They last a good long time in the fridge, can be made a number of different ways, and just plain old taste good.
I don’t have very good luck keeping them in the regular pantry.
They tend to grow those little roots pretty quick so I always keep them in the fridge.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Russet potatoes, beef granules, onion powder, olive oil, pepper, and salt (optional)
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Preheat the barbecue grill on medium heat.
Slice the potatoes widthwise…
…and add them to a medium size bowl.
Add the olive oil,
onion powder, pepper and salt (optional).
Next, mix together with your hands…
…until the potato slices are coated on all sides.
Carefully lay the potato slices on the grill, so they don’t slide under the grill on to the coals.
Cover the barbecue for about 4 minutes.
Remove the lid and turn the potatoes over.
Let cook for another 3 or so minutes being careful not to let them get too brown.
Remove from the grill and serve hot as a side dish…
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Potato Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 3 large russet potatoes sliced width-wise (1/4-inch thick) skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 dashes of salt or to taste
- Preheat a barbeque on medium heat.
- In a medium size bowl, add the potatoes, olive oil, beef granules and onion powder.
- Using tongs or your hands, mix the ingredients until the potatoes are coated on all sides.
- Lay the potato slices on the barbecue grill and cover. After 4 minutes, remove the lid and turn the potatoes over. Cover with the lid.
- Cook until the potato skin starts to slightly wrinkle (another 3 or 4 minutes) and then remove them from the barbecue and on to serving plates. Serve warm, as a side dish.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link, I may earn a commission. You can read our full disclosure here. In addition I may earn a commission for purchases made via my Amazon Influencer page.