Marsala Pot Roast Dinner with Potatoes and Vegetables
An entire comfort food meal made in a roaster pan.
Pot roast with browned potatoes and vegetables cooked in a roaster pan with Marsala wine tastes divine.
And the house smells so good when this is cooking. Just like comfort food.
One-pot meals are so convenient.
Just add the ingredients in a roaster pan, cook in the oven, smell deliciousness while it’s cooking, and in no time…it’s time to eat.
Often times pot roast recipes say to add the vegetables in the last hour of cooking.
But since I can’t be trusted with remembering to add the vegetables at a certain time, I add them all in at the beginning.
If you’re better at this than me, you may prefer to add the veggies to the pan after the roast has been cooking for about an hour and a half.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Beef chuck pot roast, Marsala wine, olive oil, onion, garlic, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes…
…and fresh oregano (dried oregano can be used instead if preferred)
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
To the pan, add the roast and…
…brown each side of the roast (about 5 minutes).
Set aside for a moment.
In a large roaster pan, add Marsala wine.
Place the roast in the roaster pan.
Remove the leaves from the sprigs of oregano,
…and sprinkle them over the roast.
Lift up the roast a bit and add some leaves under the roast.
On top of the roast sprinkle pepper…
and salt (lift up the roast with a fork and add salt and pepper to the bottom of the pan…then lay the roast back down on top of it).
Slice the garlic,
and add it to the top of the roast (also put some under the roast in the bottom of the pan).
Sprinkle the red hot pepper flakes on top of the roast.
Slice the onion,
and add it on the top,
and around the sides of the roast.
Add the carrots, and the Brussels sprouts to the pan.
Peel the potatoes and add the potatoes to the pan.
Around the edges of the roast, add water,
Then add a few dashes of ground black pepper and salt over the vegetables and potatoes.
Cover the roaster pan with a lid.
Bake in a preheated oven until tender (about 2-1/2 hours).
With two forks, shred the meat and serve warm with the vegetables and potatoes.
Top the meat and vegetables with juice from the pan.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Comfort Food Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 2 pounds whole beef chuck pot roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups Marsala wine
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano (leaves removed from the sprigs) or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper for the roast
- 1 teaspoon salt for the roast
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cups small cut carrots
- 1/2 of a whole onion peeled and thickly sliced
- 15 Brussels sprouts
- 5 small russet potatoes washed and peeled
- 2 cups water
- 3 dashes ground black pepper for the vegetables
- 3 dashes salt for the vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. To the pan, add the roast and brown each side of the roast (about 5 minutes). Set aside for a moment.
- In a large roaster pan, add Marsala wine and the roast.
- Sprinkle oregano leaves on top of the roast. With a cooking fork, lift up the roast a little and add some oregano leaves under the roast.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt on top of the roast. Lift up the roast with a fork and add salt and pepper to the bottom of the pan...then lay the roast back down on top of it.
- Top the roast with sliced garlic (and also put some under the roast in the bottom of the pan). Sprinkle the red hot pepper flakes on top of the roast.
- To the top and around the sides of the roast, add onion.
- To the pan, add carrots, Brussels sprouts, and potatoes. Add water to the pan around the edges of the roast.
- To the vegetables and potatoes, add a few dashes of salt and pepper.
- Cover the roaster pan with a lid. Bake in a preheated oven until tender (about 2-1/2 hours).
- With two forks, shred the meat and serve warm with the vegetables and potatoes.
- Top the meat and vegetables with juice from the pan.