Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Adobo Sauce
These are impossible not to make over and over again.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
For the Creamy Adobo Sauce:
- 5 teaspoons Adobo sauce (from a can of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce; 11 ounce can)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 of a whole Lime, juiced
- 2 dashes salt
For the Tacos:
- 4 corn tortillas
- 12 large raw shrimp deveined, cleaned and shells removed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 dashes sea salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 whole lime cut into quarters (for serving)
For the Creamy Adobo Sauce
In a small bowl add the Adobo sauce, sour cream, lime juice, and salt. Mix until creamy and set aside.
For the Tacos:
In a medium size bowl, add the shrimp, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, cumin, and salt. Mix together so that the shrimp are coated with the spices.
Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
To the pan, add the shrimp. Turn the shrimp as they cook until each side is lightly browned and fully cooked (about 6 minutes in total).
Turn off the heat and transfer the shrimp on to a cutting board. Reserve the olive oil that's left in the pan.
Cut the shrimp in half and put them in a bowl. Then add the remaining olive oil from the pan in with the pieces of shrimp and mix together.
Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave for about 10 to 12 seconds.
Top each tortilla with shrimp, onion, cilantro, and green and purple cabbage. Drizzle the creamy Adobo sauce on top.
Serve while the tortillas are still warm, and with a quarter piece of lime with each taco.