Pita Quesadillas with Nacho Jalapenos
These quesadillas with a pita twist are a must-try.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 3 whole pita bread rounds
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tomato (medium to large size) chopped
- 12 nacho (pre-sliced pickeled) jalapeno slices from a jar
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 limes, quartered
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut the pita bread into quarters. Carefully open each pita quarter.
Inside each pita quarter, add the cheddar cheese, green onion, tomatoes, a nacho jalapeno slice, and salsa.
On the top of each pita quarter add the jack cheese, cilantro, and garlic powder.
Set each pita quarter on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven just long enough for the cheese to melt (about 5 minutes).
Just before serving, drizzle fresh squeezed lime juice on top of the quesadillas. Serve while warm.