Sautéed Mushrooms, Pepperoni & Bell Peppers
This wonderful mushroom, pepperoni and bell pepper combination makes a scrumptious side dish or appetizer.
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 7 large white mushrooms, cleaned thickly sliced
- 1 medium size green bell pepper, seeds/stem removed sliced in fairly thick size strips (fajita-size strips)
- 1/2 of a whole onion (white or yellow onion), peeled sliced fairly thick (fajita-size slices)
- 3 large cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 dashes salt or to taste
- 2 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley for garnish
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
Add the bell pepper and stir. When the edges of the bell pepper start to turn a golden color (about 2 minutes), move them towards the outside edges of the pan.
To the middle of the pan, add the butter. Stir the butter until it melts.
In the center of the pan, add the mushrooms, garlic, pepperoni, onion, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Stir.
Continue to sauté and stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned (about 4 to 5 minutes).
Top with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
Serve right away while warm.