Chocolate on Chocolate Dessert in a Glass
This chocolate on chocolate dessert is always a good idea!
Servings 4 (About 4 servings depending on size of serving glasses used)
For the Chocolate Pudding;
- 1 box (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding
- Cold milk (use amount according to package instructions)
- For the Cake
For the Chocolate Fudge Cake (there will be extra cake left over):
- 1 box (15.2 ounces) chocolate fudge cake mix
- Water (amount according to package instructions)
- Eggs (amount according to package instructions)
- Canola oil (amount according to package instructions)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened (for greasing the pan or glass baking dish)
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
For the Ganache:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
For the Chocolate Pudding:
For the Chocolate Fudge Cake:
Preheat the oven according to the package instructions.
In a large bowl, add the ingredients according to package instructions. Grease the pan or oven-proof glass baking dish with butter.
Add the cake batter to the pan and bake in a preheated oven according to the package instructions. Let the cake cool (while still in the pan).
Cut about 1/3 of the cake into cubes (1-inch square) and set aside. There will be extra cake left over.
After the cake has cooled and you're ready to assemble the desserts, make the frosting and then the ganache.
For the Chocolate Frosting:
In a medium size bowl, add melted butter. Add cocoa powder and stir until creamy. Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. With a mixer, beat until creamy. Set aside for a moment.
For the Dessert Assembly:
In serving glasses, add a layer of pudding. Add a layer of cake. Drizzle ganache on top of the cake.
Add another layer of cake. Drizzle ganache on top of the cake. Spread a thick layer of frosting on top of the cake. Drizzle ganache on top of the frosting. Garnish with chocolate candy sprinkles.
Serve as soon as possible.