Peach Berry and Cream Smoothie
You'll love this creamy smoothie for breakfast. Or for a dessert. Or just because.
- 2 cups frozen or fresh strawberries (for fresh strawberries, rinse and remove the stem)
- 1 banana
- 3 fresh peaches meat cut from the seed (leave the skin on)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups ice cubes
To the blender, add the peaches, banana, strawberries, cream, honey, and ice. Blend until smooth. Serve right away while ice cold.
Here are some tips for freezing berries and fruits.
Preparation for freezing berries:
Preparation for freezing fruit:
- Remove the leaves and, or stems
- Put the berries in a strainer or colander and rinse them in cool water
- Transfer the berries on to a paper-towel lined plate and let them completely air dry
To prevent the berries and fruit from freezing in a "solid block" form:
- Prepare the fruit in the same way that you would just before using it (peel a banana and cut it in half; peel and core an apple; for peaches and nectarines, cut the fruit away from the pit; for a mango, peel it and cut the fruit away from the seed).
- Cut the fruit in bite size pieces so they'll fit well not only in the plastic bag but also in your freezer (except for a banana, depending on how ripe it is, just cutting it in half may be best).
- Spread the berries and fruit out on a pan or plate that will fit in your freezer (i.e. a large plate, small pizza pan or smaller sized metal pan like a brownie pan).
- Place the berries and fruit in the freezer just long enough until they're slightly frozen (about an hour).
- Then transfer them to a plastic Ziploc or zip-top bag.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible from the bag before tightly sealing it.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.