Artichoke Hearts and Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese
Add this to your must-try list.
- 4 slices of sourdough bread or your favorite type of bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 dashes granulated garlic
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts (cut larger pieces in half)
Heat a large skillet on low heat and add half of the butter. Lay the slices of bread in the pan and let toast until the bottom sides are a golden color. Then remove the toast from the pan on to a plate for just a moment.
Add the remaining butter in the pan. Sprinkle the garlic powder on the butter and stir together.
Add the slices of bread back in the pan with the untoasted sides face down. Top each piece of bread with each type of cheese.
On 2 slices of the bread, top with artichoke hearts. Carefully turn over the non-artichoke slices of bread on top of the slices of bread with the artichokes on it to make a sandwich.
Continue to cook until the cheese melts. Be careful that the bread doesn't get too brown on the bottom. Turn the heat down if needed. Serve right away.
- When shredding the cheese for this sandwich, a cheese shredder that has smaller holes works good so the cheese melts faster.