Brussels Sprouts with Chickpeas
This Brussels sprouts and chickpea combo deserves to be habit forming.
- 12 whole Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 dashes salt or to taste
- 4 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut the Brussels sprouts in half. Remove about 12 leaves (in total) from the various halves. Add the Brussels sprouts halves and leaves, and chickpeas to an iron skillet.
Drizzle olive oil on top and add the salt and pepper.
Bake in a preheated oven uncovered for about 8 minutes. Then cover the pan with foil and bake another 15 minutes.
Top with chopped cilantro. Salt to taste.