Three-Bean Bean Dip
The perfect make-ahead party dip with layers upon layers of deliciousness.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped purple cabbage (red cabbage)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped green onions including the chives
- 2 large jalapeno peppers stem and seeds removed; finely chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups salsa
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
In the bottom of a large shallow dish or pan (a cookie sheet with sides also works well for this), spread a thin layer of refried beans.
On top of the refried beans, add a layer of garbanzo beans. Sprinkle the chili powder and cumin powder on top of the beans. Top with a layer of red onion, a layer of black beans, and a layer of jalapenos.
Next, spread a layer of sour cream and then a layer of salsa. Top with shredded cheese. Sprinkle pepper evenly on top of the cheese.
Add a layer of red cabbage, tomatoes, black olives, cilantro, and green onions. Serve with your favorite chips.