Nacho Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
These make-ahead spicy deviled eggs are an easy side dish that's perfect for potlucks, appetizers, or even a quick lunch or snack.
Servings 7 (Yields 14 deviled eggs)
- 7 hard boiled eggs cooled and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) chopped green onion including the green part
- 1 tablespoon chopped nacho jalapeno peppers (from a jar) or more if you like more heat
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 dashes of salt or salt to taste
- 1 lime quartered or cut in eighths for garnish
- 14 small slices of nacho jalapeno peppers for garnish
Cut each cooled hard boiled egg in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, carefully remove the yolk from each egg and put them in a medium size bowl. Use a fork to mash the yolks into the smallest pieces possible.
To the bowl, add mayonnaise and whisk it together with the egg yolks until the mixture is smooth.
Add cilantro, green onion, chopped nacho jalapenos, cumin, chili powder, pepper and salt to the egg mixture.
Mix together. Give it a quick taste test to see if more salt is needed.
Fill the hollowed out egg whites generously with the egg yolk mixture. There may be a couple egg whites leftover.
Top each deviled egg with a slice of nacho jalapeno for garnish.
Serve with a piece of lime so the juice can be squeezed on top of the egg right before eating.
Store in the refrigerator.