Chocolate Mocha and Orange Truffles
Melt in your mouth delicious.
Servings 16 (Yields about 32 truffles)
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao baking chips or your favorite dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet baking chips or your favorite semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy xream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
In a medium size microwavable glass bowl, add the chocolate chips, cream and instant coffee. Stir together.
Heat the chocolate chip mixture in the microwave for 60 seconds and then stir. Then heat for another 40 seconds and stir.
Add the orange extract and stir.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 2 hours or until the chocolate is firm enough to roll.
Remove from the refrigerator and use a spoon to scrape out the chocolate. With clean hands, roll the chocolate into balls.
Then roll the chocolate balls in the powdered cocoa. Completely cover all sides with the cocoa powder and serve.
Store in the refrigerator and serve at room temperature.