Nostalgic gumdrops in cookies are delicious with each bite.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 24 (Makes about 4 dozen cookies)
- 1 cup (2 cubes) butter for the cookie dough
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) small fruit flavored gumdrops
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened to grease the cookie sheet multiple times when cooking in batches
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium size bowl, add flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
In a large bowl add butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, water and vanilla. Beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
To the large bowl, slowly add the flour mixture a little at a time while mixing the dough on the low setting.
Using a large sturdy spoon, stir the gumdrops and nuts into the cookie dough.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet with butter.
Drop the dough by the teaspoon full onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from one another.
Bake in a preheated oven until light brown (about 12 to 15 minutes).
Transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack and let cool before serving.