Roasted Red Potatoes with Thyme
A quick and easy side dish favorite.
Servings 7 (Serves apprx. 6 to 8)
- 3 pounds baby round red potatoes (also called "new" potatoes) cut in half (or other type of small potatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (chopped if the leaves are on the larger side)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (heaping), or to taste (or 1/4 heaping teaspoon regular salt, or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter*
- 1 tablespoon warm bacon drippings*
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (for garnish)
* May substitute both the melted butter and bacon drippings with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add the potatoes, melted butter, bacon drippings, pepper, granulated garlic, thyme, onion powder, and salt. Mix together so that the potatoes are coated with all of the ingredients.
On a large cookie sheet, lay each potato cut-side down.
Bake in a preheated oven until the cut-side of the potato is a golden color (about 20 minutes).
Garnish with thyme and serve while hot.