Fried Rice with Pineapple and Almonds
A quick and easy fried rice side dish for any day of the week.
Fried rice is easy to make and takes just a few ingredients to transform white rice into a side dish or meal.
It’s a great way to use up leftover white rice too.
This fried rice is meatless and has pineapple in it.
I’m always amazed at how fast white rice turns into a completely different dish when it’s lightly fried with soy sauce.
I especially like how delicious fried rice smells when it’s cooking.
And leftovers last nicely in the refrigerator.
Just reheat in the microwave for a quick snack, side dish, or even a light lunch.
In addition to pineapple, this fried rice is made with peas, carrots, egg and almonds.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Cooked white rice, pineapple chunks, whole or cut almonds, onion, garlic, ginger root, frozen peas and chopped carrots, egg, soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, salt, pepper, Chinese pea pods or cilantro for garnish
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Dice and Chop:
Dice the onion…
…garlic, and ginger root (peeled ginger root).
Coarsely chop the almonds and set aside.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add canola oil.
Onions, Garlic and Ginger Root:
Add the onions and stir.
Add the garlic and ginger root.
Add the rice and stir.
Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, Peas and Carrots:
Add the soy sauce…
…sesame oil and stir.
Add the peas and carrots and stir.
Continue stirring for 4 minutes.
Using a heat proof spatula, move the ingredients to the sides of the pan so the center of the pan is empty.
Add the beaten egg to just the middle of the pan.
Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir the egg just in the center of the pan as it scrambles.
When the egg is scrambled, stir it together with the ingredients.
Add the pepper and salt and stir.
Pineapple and Almonds:
Next, add the pineapple chunks and stir.
Remove from the heat and add the almonds. Stir.
Toppings and Serve:
Top with sliced Chinese pea pods (or chopped cilantro).
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Fried Rice with Pineapple and Almonds
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled and diced ginger root
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and chopped carrots thawed
- 1 egg scrambled
- 4 dashes ground black pepper
- 4 dashes salt or salt to taste
- 3/4 cup canned pineapple chunks drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped raw or toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced (widthwise) fresh Chinese pea pods or chopped cilantro
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add canola oil. Add the onions, garlic and ginger root, and stir.
- Add the rice and stir. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir together. Stir in the peas and carrots. Continue stirring for 4 minutes.
- Using a heat proof spatula, move the ingredients to the sides of the pan so the center of the pan is empty.
- Add the beaten egg to just the middle of the pan. Using a spatula, stir the egg just in the center of the pan as it scrambles.
- When the egg is scrambled, stir it in with all of the ingredients. Add the pepper and salt. Stir.
- Add the pineapple chunks and stir. Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds.
- Top with sliced Chinese pea pods or chopped cilantro and serve while warm.
Recipes with Pineapple
Here are more recipes with pineapple you may like “Grilled Cilantro Burgers with Teriyaki and Pineapple“, “Cherry Pineapple and Mandarin Orange Ambrosia” and “Pineapple Boat Fruit Salad“.
Recipes with Rice
More Recipes with Rice You May Like:
Shrimp and Fried Rice One-Skillet Meal
One-Skillet Spicy Chicken and Rice
Sweet and Spicy Chicken with Rice