Ground Turkey and Black Bean Chili
This ground turkey and black bean chili is semi-homemade and easy to make.
This semi-homemade chili is made with a premade chili kit, ground turkey, canned black beans and cut tomatoes.
I like to use a premade chili kit because it’s quick to assemble and tastes homemade.
There’s generally a packet of a chili powder blend, masa (corn) flour and cayenne pepper in the chili kit.
About this Recipe
The masa flour adds a nice flavor and also thickens up the chili.
Although the chili kit has cooking instructions on the back of the box, the recipe below is my spin on it.
It’s convenient to pull frozen chili out of the freezer for dinner.
Then all I have to do is thaw the chili, warm it up on the stove top or microwave.
And wella, a wonderful homemade dinner.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
A premade chili kit (chili powder blend, masa flour and cayenne pepper), ground turkey, canned black beans, diced or cut tomatoes, salt and water
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Tomatoes and Black Beans:
In a small oval roaster pan, add canned tomatoes (including the liquid).
With a clean hand, squeeze the tomatoes a little so they’re not in big chunks.
To the pan, add canned black beans (including the liquid) and water.
The packets inside this Chili Mix include chili powder, masa flour, cayenne pepper and salt.
To the roaster pan, add the chili kit ingredients (chili powder blend, masa flour and cayenne pepper).
Add about half of the package of salt to the roaster pan.
And after the chili is done cooking, do a taste test and add more if needed.
Cooking the Ground Turkey – Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add ground turkey.
Stir as the turkey cooks.
Continue cooking the turkey until it’s thoroughly cooked and browned around the edges of the meat.
To the roaster pan, add the cooked turkey.
Bake in the Oven:
Stir the ingredients together.
Cover the roaster pan with a lid and bake in a preheated (at 350 degrees F.) oven for about 50 minutes.
Or longer for a thicker chili.
Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
Serve warm and top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, onions, and sliced avocado.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
SUBSCRIBE TO CCC
Don’t Miss a CCC Recipe! Subscribe now to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO COUPON CLIPPING COOK.
Ground Turkey and Black Bean Chili
- 1 box (3.65 ounces) Premade Chili Kit (chili powder blend, masa flour and cayenne pepper)
- 1 pound cooked ground turkey
- 2 cans (15 ounces each can) black beans
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced or cut tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt* or salt to taste (*if the Chili Kit includes a packet of salt, disregard this amount for salt as an ingredient).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small oval roaster pan, add canned tomatoes (including the liquid). With a clean hand, squeeze the tomatoes a little so they’re not in big chunks.
- In the roaster pan, add the beans (including the liquid in the cans), water, cooked ground turkey, and all of the ingredients in the chili kit. Stir together.
- Cover with a lid and bake in a preheated oven (at 350 degrees F.) for about 50 minutes. If a thicker chili is preferred, let it cook a little bit longer.
- Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Stir before serving.
- Serve warm topped with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onions, sour cream and sliced avocados.
Recipes Made with Leftover Chili
More Hearty Recipes You May Like: