Brussels Sprouts with Chickpeas and Garlic
This Brussels sprouts and chickpea combo deserves to be habit forming.
Less is more with this quick and easy recipe.
Brussels sprouts and chickpeas team up in this veggie dish along with garlic, olive oil and a little oven time for a hearty vegetable side dish.
The chickpeas are a great addition to the Brussels sprouts adding interesting texture and mild taste to the mix.
In this recipe the Brussels sprouts and chickpeas are baked in the oven.
They’re covered with foil and baked in serving size case iron cookware.
Cast iron cookware works great for this recipe because it gets nice and hot, which makes the Brussels sprouts brown nicely.
Speaking of cast iron, I just love small cast iron bakeware like the ones I used for this recipe.
When I see these cute cast iron baking pans in the store they end up in my shopping cart without me even knowing it. They’re a weakness of mine…right on up there with cute mason jars.
Cast iron bakeware also makes an attractive serving dish because it has that comfort food appeal.
Okay so back to these super simple Brussels sprouts which makes a delicious side dish any time of the year.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Brussels sprouts, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and…
…chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and cilantro.
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
remove about 12 leaves (in total) from the various halves.
The leaves taste so good when they get crunchy and slightly brown.
To a small iron skillet, or shallow baking pan, add the halved Brussels sprouts…
…and the Brussels sprout leaves.
Then to the pan,
add garlic and…
add the chickpeas.
Drizzle the olive oil on top of the Brussels sprouts and chickpeas and add the salt and pepper.
Bake in a preheated oven uncovered for 8 minutes.
Then cover the pan with foil and bake another 15 minutes.
Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven and top with chopped cilantro.
Salt to taste.
And serve right away while warm.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes You May Like:
Brussels Sprouts Gratin by Simply Recipes
Dijon-Braised Brussels Sprouts by Smitten Kitchen
Mushroom and Brussels Sprouts Hash by Joy the Baker
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Chili Sauce by Steamy Kitchen
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 12 whole Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 dashes salt or to taste
- 4 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half. Remove about 12 leaves (in total) from the various halves. Add the Brussels sprouts halves and leaves, and chickpeas to an iron skillet.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and add the salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven uncovered for about 8 minutes. Then cover the pan with foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro. Salt to taste.