Chocolate Chip, Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
Enjoy this thick and delicious smoothie for breakfast, dessert or just because.
It takes all of 5 minutes to make this colorful and delicious smoothie.
The vibrant colors of smoothies in general are so pretty.
From the name and the exterior color of a blueberry, you would think that smoothies made with them would be blue.
But instead they’re a beautiful shade of purple that varies depending on the other ingredients in the smoothie.
In this smoothie, the chocolate chips add a little bit of brown to the mix so the overall color is a more deep shade of purple.
The chocolate chips not only add flavor but also texture which is a nice surprise with every sip.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips were used in this recipe but milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips can also be used.
Although the flavor of chocolate is subtle in this smoothie, it tastes so good in combination with the blueberries and banana.
There’s also a splash of fresh lemon juice added to give the smoothie a subtle burst of flavor.
And it tastes best when served right away while it’s ice cold.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate), blueberries (fresh or frozen), banana, plain yogurt, lemon juice, honey, water and crushed ice
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Rinse and remove any stems that may be on the blueberries.
Set aside for a moment.
To a blender, add plain yogurt…
…fresh lemon juice…
…blend on the smoothie setting until creamy.
Serve right away while ice cold.
Garnish with chocolate chips and blueberries.
…each and every…
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Recipes with Blueberries You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
For the Smoothie:
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (or add to taste)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries stems removed and rinsed
- 1/2 of a banana peeled
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate)
- 1 cup (heaping) crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons chocolate chips
- In a blender add water, lemon juice, honey, blueberries, banana, yogurt, chocolate chips and crushed ice.
- Blend on the smoothie setting until creamy.
- Serve right away while ice cold.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and chocolate chips.