Tropical Tangerine and Ginger Smoothie
The coconut milk, tangerine, lime, ginger, banana and mango are the perfect combination of flavors to take you away to a tropical paradise.
Smoothies are delicious any time but when it’s burning hot outside, sipping on an ice cold smoothie is like a vacation getaway in a glass.
It’s practically a requirement to kick off your shoes and put your feet up while enjoying a smoothie on a hot day.
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for a tropical “vacation getaway in a glass” that tastes wonderful.
This smoothie not only comes with tropical fruit (mango, banana and coconut milk), but also citrus (tangerine and a splash of lime).
And for a light and spicy flavor boost, just a bit of fresh grated ginger root is added.
In this recipe a yellow mango is used.
At the farmers-type market where I buy my fruits and veggies they generally have mangos that are the more common variety called “Tommy Atkins Mangos” (red with green and bright orange, or yellow accents), or yellow mangos called “Honey (Ataulfo) Mangos” (kidney shaped).
When the yellow mangos are available I’ll buy them because they’re generally about half the price of the regular ones.
Unless of course the more common (Tommy Atkins) mangos are on sale then count me in for the ones with the best price.
The yellow Honey mangos are sweet, creamy and higher in both sugar and acid so they have a bit of a flavor boost when compared to the more mildly sweet Tommy Atkins mangos.
For more information on the various types of mangos and details about each one, heres a link to Mango.Org which is a helpful site to check out.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients for this delicious Tropical Tangerine and Ginger Smoothie.
Yellow mango (or a Tommy Atkins Mango), tangerine, banana, coconut milk, ginger root, lime, crushed ice and honey
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
In a blender…
…add coconut milk, tangerine segments,
Next add a banana…
blend on the smoothie setting.
Give the smoothie a taste test and add more honey if needed.
Serve right away and…
…garnish (optional) each serving with a slice of banana, small piece of mango, and half of a segment of tangerine.
Then kick off your shoes, put your feet up and…
…enjoy each and every sip.
And maybe even have seconds.
Or even thirds.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Smoothies You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 large tangerine with about 11 segments, no seeds (peeled) (reserve 1 segment, halved for garnish, optional)
- 1/2 whole lime juiced
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1 whole banana peeled (reserve 2 slices for garnish, optional)
- 1 whole yellow mango (or regular Tommy Atkins Mango) peeled and flesh removed from seed (reserve 2 small cut pieces for garnish, optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon grated ginger root peeled (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons honey or to taste
- In a blender, add coconut milk, tangerine segments, lime juice, ice, banana, mango, ginger root and honey.
- Blend on the smoothie setting. Give the smoothie a taste test and add more honey if needed.
- Serve right away. Garnish each serving with a slice of banana, a small piece of mango, and half of a segment of tangerine (optional).