Baked Herb and Parmesan Potato Slices
It’s basically impossible not to like these baked herb and Parmesan potato slices. They’re easy to make and don’t require a lot of ingredients.
It’s great to have potatoes on hand for quick and easy side dishes like these baked potato slices.
Sometimes it’s not until just before dinner time that I come up with what I’m going to make.
And it’s usually potatoes that come to the rescue when I need a quick side dish.
About this Recipe
These delicious baked sliced potatoes are made with both red and Russet potatoes and the skin is left on which makes the dish look even more colorful and appetizing.
Leaving the skin on is optional though.
Feel free to peel the potatoes, or use organic potatoes if preferred.
The sliced potatoes are lightly coated with olive oil, herbs, spices and Parmesan cheese and look so pretty on a serving plate.
For me, the issue is whether the potato slices ever actually make it to the serving dish because they taste so good that I can’t keep stop snacking on them right out of the pan.
The thinner cut slices get crispy when they’re baked and are really good right out of the oven.
So don’t be like me or there may not be any potatoes left to serve.
Here are some comfort food main dishes that would taste wonderful with these baked potato slices “Simple Fried Chicken“, “Chicken Fried Pork Medallions with Homemade Gravy” and “Simple Chicken Nuggets“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Russet and red potatoes, olive oil, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried Rosemary, dried thyme, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and…
…grated Parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Rinse the potatoes and dry them off with a paper towel.
Leaving the skin on the potatoes is optional.
Feel free to peel the potatoes or use organic potatoes if preferred.
Slice the potatoes at a slight diagonal.
TIP – Try to keep the slices at a similar width so the potato slices cook evenly.
TIP – For more crispiness, cut the slices about 1/8 of an inch thick.
Add the potato slices to a large bowl.
Next add the herbs and spices.
Then add the olive oil.
Mix all of the ingredients together so the olive oil, herbs, and spices evenly coat both sides of the sliced potatoes.
Lay the potatoes on to a cookie sheet.
TIP – Try to lay the potatoes as flat as possible on the cookie sheet rather than stacking the potatoes on top of one another.
The potato slices that are laying directly on the cookie sheet will be crispier.
Next sprinkle more of the herbs and spices over the potatoes if you have extra.
Then top the potatoes with the grated Parmesan cheese.
Feel free to add more Parmesan cheese than is called for in the recipe if you like.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the thinnest pieces are a golden color.
Serve warm right out of the oven as a side dish.
The crispy ones are especially tasty!
When I make these…
…many of the crispy potato slices never see the light of day on the serving plate because I just can’t resist eating them.
…enjoy each and every…
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Potato Recipes you may also like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Baked Herb and Parmesan Potato Slices
- 2 whole medium size russet potatoes
- 2 whole large red potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse the potatoes and dry them off with a paper towel.
- Leaving the skin on is optional. Peel the potatoes or use organic potatoes if preferred.Slice the potatoes at a slight diagonal.
- Try to keep the slices at a similar width (1/4 of an inch would be on the thicker side; about 1/8 of an inch is a nice size or even smaller if you like them more crispy) so they cook evenly.
- To a large bowl, add the potato slices.
- Add the herbs and spices to the bowl.
- Next, drizzle the olive oil on the potatoes.
- Mix all of the ingredients together so the olive oil and herbs evenly coat both sides of the sliced potatoes.
- Lay the potatoes on to an ungreased cookie sheet. Try to lay the potatoes as flat as possible on to the cookie sheet rather than stacking the potatoes on top of one another.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the thinnest pieces are a golden color. Serve warm right out of the oven.
- Try to keep the slices at a similar width so the potato slices cook evenly.
- For more crispiness, cut the slices about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Try to lay the potatoes as flat as possible on the cookie sheet rather than stacking the potatoes on top of one another. The potato slices that are laying directly on the cookie sheet will be crispier.