Cherry, Berry & Basil Margarita
Your friends will thank you for this.
Cherries are such a pretty fruit and of course they taste ever so good.
They’re in season from June through September and I can hardly resist buying them when I see them in the store.
But sometimes they can be a bit on the expensive side so when possible, I like to use frozen cherries for certain recipes and then save the fresh cherries for the garnish.
A margarita is one of the things I like to use frozen cherries for, and also smoothies.
This margarita has berries in it too which is a perfect way to use the berries I have stored in the freezer.
It never fails, I see fresh berries in the store at a great price so I buy multiple packages and have grand plans of making recipes with them, and then I run out of time.
This recipe can also be made without alcohol if preferred.
For the nonalcoholic version, just replace the tequila with a bit more grapefruit juice.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Frozen cherries, raspberries, blackberries, grapefruit juice, sweet basil, lime, tequila, margarita salt and,
…just a bit of…
honey to taste.
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Rub a quarter lime around the rim of the serving glasses and dip the rims in margarita salt.
In a blender, add the raspberries…
add the cherries…
Then add the basil,
blend on the smoothie setting.
Take a quick taste test and add honey to taste.
Pour the margarita into the serving glasses,
…and garnish with lime and basil.
Serve right away…
…while nice and cold.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Cocktails and Nonalcoholic Beverages with Basil You May Like:
Basil, Raspberry Mojitos by A Spicy Perspective
Basil and Mint Lemonade by Taste and Tell Blog
Roasted Blueberry and Basil Margaritas by How Sweet It Is
Basil Lemonade by Love and Olive Oil
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 lime, juiced (for the margarita)
- 2 cups ice crushed or cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet basil
- ½ cup grapefruit juice
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste
- 1 lime quartered (for rimming the glasses and garnish)
- Margarita salt (for rimming the glasses)
- 2 small sprigs of sweet basil (for garnish)
- Rub a quarter lime around the rim of the serving glasses and dip the rims in margarita salt. Set aside.
- In a blender, add the cherries, raspberries, blackberries, lime juice, ice, basil, grapefruit juice and tequila. Blend on the smoothie setting. Do a taste test and add honey to the desired sweetness.
- Pour into the serving glasses, and garnish with lime and basil. Serve right away while it's ice cold.
- For the nonalcoholic version, just replace the tequila with a bit more grapefruit juice.