Shirley Temple Ice Cream Float
Make this nostalgic Shirley Temple float just because.
Here’s a spin on a root beer float that might bring back some childhood memories.
It’s made with Shirley Temple soda and of course it comes with a cherry on top.
When I was little the best thing about going out to dinner was having a Shirley Temple.
It was so great when the Shirley Temple would come with two cherries instead of just one.
I saved the second one until the very end.
I’m still a fan of Shirley Temples and I just love how pretty they are, not to mention that they taste so very good too.
This Shirley Temple float has the same delicious taste only with ice cream. How great is that?
These colorful floats are festive and great to serve at a fun occasion for something different.
The Shirley Temple soda can be made ahead of time so all that has to be done when making these floats is to add the scoops of ice cream in serving glasses and then pour in the soda.
Super quick and easy for a delicious and nostalgic treat.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Lemon-lime soda, grenadine syrup, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or Cool Whip topping (optional), and maraschino cherries
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
In a small pitcher…
…or large glass, add the lemon-lime soda…
…and grenadine syrup to make the Shirley Temple.
Stir together and set aside for a moment.
In serving glasses or mason jars,
add the ice cream.
pour the Shirley Temple over the ice cream and…
…top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Serve right away.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 12 ounces lemon-lime soda chilled
- 1 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup whipped cream or Cool Whip topping
- 2 maraschino cherries, stems on
- In a small pitcher, add the lemon-lime soda and grenadine syrup to make the Shirley Temple. Stir together and set aside for a moment.
- In serving glasses or mason jars, add the ice cream. Pour the Shirley Temple over the ice cream and top with whipped cream and a cherry. Serve right away.