Simple Fried Chicken Nuggets
These simple fried chicken nuggets are delicious comfort food for any day of the week.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts are so handy for making quick and easy dinners.
All you need are 5 ingredients to make these chicken nuggets.
If you happen to have some potatoes on hand, they go great with mashed potatoes too.
About this Recipe
Some dipping sauces for these nuggets include barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, honey mustard sauce, ketchup or even gravy.
Fried chicken smells so good in the house when it’s cooking…just like comfort food.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Flour, salt, pepper, canola oil, and boneless skinless chicken breast
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
For the Chicken:
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and add to a medium size bowl.
add the salt,
Mix together until the chicken is coated with the salt and pepper.
For the Flour:
To the bowl, add flour.
Mix together until each piece of chicken is entirely coated with flour.
Set aside for just a moment.
Place a cooling rack on top of a large plate (this is where the nuggets will be placed after removing them from the skillet).
Frying the Chicken:
Heat a skillet on medium heat…
…and add the canola oil (the amount of canola oil needed may vary depending on the size of the skillet used; the oil should be about 1/2 inch deep in the pan).
Sprinkle a small bit of flour in the oil, and when it starts to sizzle add the pieces of flour coated chicken to the skillet.
Watch the chicken closely and turn each piece over as the sides start to turn a golden color.
Transfer to a Cooling Rack:
When all sides of the nuggets turn a golden color and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, transfer the chicken on to the cooling rack.
Salt to taste.
Serve warm along side your favorite dipping sauce or…
…as is with no sauce.
Easy dipping sauces include ketchup, barbecue sauce or…
…a quick and easy honey mustard sauce made by mixing either yellow or Dijon mustard with honey (add the honey until getting it to the sweetness you like).
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Simple Fried Chicken Nuggets
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup canola oil amount may vary depending on size of skillet
- To a medium size bowl, add the chicken. Add the salt and pepper and mix together until the chicken is coated.
- To the bowl, add flour and mix together until the pieces of chicken are completely coated with the flour. Set aside for just a moment.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a large plate (this is where the nuggets will be placed after removing them from the skillet).
- In a large skillet, add canola oil (depending on the size of your skillet you may need to add more oil so that it's about 1/2 inch deep in the pan).
- Heat the skillet on medium heat.
- Sprinkle a small bit of flour in the oil, and when it starts to sizzle add the pieces of flour coated chicken to the skillet.
- Watch the chicken closely and turn each piece over as the sides start to turn a golden color.
- When all sides of the nuggets turn a golden color and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, transfer the chicken on to the cooling rack.
- Transfer the chicken from the skillet on to a cooling rack and salt to taste.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce or gravy.
In this recipe “Fried Chicken Sliders with Gravy” there are step-by-step pictures on how to make gravy from fried chicken drippings.
Comfort Food Recipes
More Chicken Recipes You May Like: