Simple Chicken Nuggets
Finger food comfort food to the max.
Having boneless skinless chicken breasts on hand comes in so handy for making quick and scrumptious dinners.
I like to buy the big bags of frozen chicken breasts where each piece of chicken is packaged separately.
Otherwise, if I buy the bags that don’t have the chicken wrapped separately, I seem to always pick the one bag where the pieces of frozen chicken are stuck together.
This chicken nugget recipe can be whipped up in no time because all you need are 5 ingredients and that’s counting the salt and pepper.
And if you really want to go crazy you can make gravy out of the fried chicken crunchies that get left in the skillet.
In this recipe…. “Fried Chicken Sliders with Gravy” there are step-by-step pictures on how to make gravy from fried chicken drippings.
These nuggets are delicious dipped in barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, honey mustard sauce (honey and yellow or Dijon mustard mixed together; add honey until it reaches the desired sweetness), or even ketchup.
I like to cut them in square shapes but you can also cut them in strips if you prefer.
Fried chicken smells so good in the house when it’s cooking…just like comfort food.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Flour, salt, pepper, canola oil, and boneless skinless chicken breast
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and add to a medium size bowl.
add the salt,
Then mix together so that the chicken is coated with the salt and pepper.
To the bowl, add flour.
Mix together until each piece of chicken is entirely coated with flour.
Set aside for just a moment.
Place a cooling rack on top of a large plate (this is where the nuggets will be placed after removing them from the skillet).
Heat a skillet on medium heat…
…and add the canola oil (the amount of canola oil needed may vary depending on the size of the skillet used; the oil should be about 1/2 inch deep in the pan).
Sprinkle a small bit of flour in the oil, and when it starts to sizzle add the pieces of flour coated chicken to the skillet.
Watch the chicken closely and turn each piece over as the sides start to turn a golden color.
When all sides of the nuggets turn a golden color and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, transfer the chicken on to the cooling rack.
Salt to taste.
Serve warm along side your favorite dipping sauce or…
…as is with no sauce.
Easy dipping sauces include ketchup, barbecue sauce or…
…a quick and easy honey mustard sauce made by mixing either yellow or Dijon mustard with honey (add the honey until getting it to the sweetness you like).
These are also super tasty served on top of a salad.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Chicken Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Simple Chicken Nuggets
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup canola oil amount may vary depending on size of skillet
- To a medium size bowl, add the chicken. Add the salt and pepper and mix together until the chicken is coated.
- To the bowl, add flour and mix together until the pieces of chicken are completely coated with the flour. Set aside for just a moment.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a large plate (this is where the nuggets will be placed after removing them from the skillet).
- In a large skillet, add canola oil (depending on the size of your skillet you may need to add more oil so that it's about 1/2 inch deep in the pan).
- Heat the skillet on medium heat.
- Sprinkle a small bit of flour in the oil, and when it starts to sizzle add the pieces of flour coated chicken to the skillet.
- Watch the chicken closely and turn each piece over as the sides start to turn a golden color.
- When all sides of the nuggets turn a golden color and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, transfer the chicken on to the cooling rack.
- Transfer the chicken from the skillet on to a cooling rack and salt to taste.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce or gravy.