Creamy Cilantro Salad Dressing
Incredibly easy to make.
Homemade salad dressing is easier to make than you may think.
It’s great because the ingredients are all put in food processor or blender, mixed together and wella, it’s done.
Making salad dressing yourself is also convenient because it can be made fresh right before serving, or if it’s a dressing that needs to be chilled before serving like this recipe does, it can be made ahead of time so it’s nice and chilled before drizzling it on a salad.
White vinegar adds a subtle tang to the dressing, and garlic is the perfect compliment to the fresh flavor of the cilantro and touch of lime.
Here are some delicious salad recipes you may like “Tomato and Onion Salad with Blue Cheese“, “Roasted Beet Salad with Blueberries and Dijon Mustard Dressing” and “Baked Salmon and Avocado Salad“.
Also, roasted and shelled pepita (pumpkin) seeds are added to a food processor with the other ingredients which adds wonderful texture to the dressing.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Cilantro, lime, garlic, vinegar, roasted and shelled pepita (pumpkin) seeds, olive oil, mayonnaise, salt and pepper
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
In a food processor or blender, add cilantro,
fresh lime juice,
Blend until smooth.
Do a quick taste test and add more salt if needed.
Chill before serving…
…and serve on a salad, as a veggie dip, or sauce on a burger or sandwich.
TIP – If serving as a veggie dip or on a burger or sandwich, decrease the amount of water to 1 tablespoon.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Recipes with Cilantro You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro sprigs (leaves and stems)
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon roasted (and shelled) pepita (pumpkin) seeds
- 3 dashes of salt or salt to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ of a whole lime juiced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons water decrease to 1 tablespoon if making this recipe as a dip or in place of mayonnaise on a burger or sandwich
- In a food processor or blender, add the cilantro, garlic, pepita seeds, salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar, juice from the lime, mayonnaise, and water. Blend until smooth.
- Chill for at least 45 minutes and serve on a salad, as a veggie dip, or on a burger or sandwich. (If serving as a veggie dip or on a burger or sandwich, decrease the amount of water to 1 tablespoon).
- If serving as a veggie dip or on a burger or sandwich, decrease the amount of water to 1 tablespoon.