Tarragon Balsamic Salad Dressing
This tarragon balsamic salad dressing, made with fresh tarragon is ready to serve in 5 minutes.
Homemade salad dressing is easy to make and it’s a great way to add more flavor to a salad.
This balsamic salad dressing is quite tangy and has the wonderful flavor of tarragon.
The combination of tarragon flavor with fish or seafood and fresh salad greens tastes heavenly.
About the Serving Size
Depending on the quantity of dressing used by each person, the servings in this recipe may vary.
The yield for this recipe is about a cup of dressing and there are 16 tablespoons in a cup.
So, if there are say 3 to 4 tablespoons per serving (for a dinner salad), this recipe would serve about 4.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
White balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh tarragon (or dried tarragon leaves*), salt, pepper, sugar, granulated garlic and water
*When using dried tarragon, extra time before serving is needed to release the tarragon flavor in the salad dressing
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
To a small bowl or Mason jar add white balsamic vinegar,
salt, pepper, and water.
Next, the tarragon is added.
If you’re not able to find fresh tarragon no worries, the dried version works nicely too (the quantity of dried tarragon is less than fresh tarragon).
To the bowl, or Mason jar, add the tarragon.
If mixing this in a bowl, whisk together.
Or if using a Mason jar, shake all ingredients together.
Just before serving, whisk or shake the ingredients together.
TIP – If using dried tarragon, wait about 2-1/2 hours before serving because it will need extra time (when compared to fresh tarragon) for the flavor to be released in the salad dressing.
Serve over a salad topped with fish, a combination of seafood, or serve over your favorite salad.
Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Tarragon Balsamic Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon leaves
- To a small bowl or Mason jar, add white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, water, and tarragon.
- Whisk together if using a bowl, or shake together if using a Mason jar.
- Just before serving, whisk or shake ingredients together.
- If using fresh tarragon, the salad dressing can be served after making it.If using dried tarragon, wait about 2-1/2 hours before serving because it will need extra time (when compared to fresh tarragon) for the flavor to be released in the salad dressing.
- Serve over a salad topped with fish, seafood, or serve with your favorite salad. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
- If using dried tarragon, wait about 2-1/2 hours before serving because it will need extra time (when compared to fresh tarragon) for the flavor to be released in the salad dressing.
This dressing is delicious served on seafood or green salad that’s topped with salmon like in this recipe…”Baked Salmon and Avocado Salad“.
Recipes with Homemade Salad Dressing
Here are more easy homemade salad dressings with salads you may like; “Chinese Chicken Salad with Homemade Peanut Sauce Dressing“, “Cheese and Cilantro Salad Dressing Wedge Salad” and “Roasted Beet and Blueberry Salad with Mustard Dressing“.
More Salad Recipes You May Like: