Easy Homemade Guacamole
This guacamole is easy to make and quick to disappear.
Nothing beats fresh homemade guacamole.
It makes a wonderful appetizer served with tortilla chips, and it’s a delicious topper for burgers, omelets, scrambled eggs, salad, toast and sandwiches.
About this Recipe:
This recipe serves 3 but after the chef does the “taste testing”, it may be more like a serving for 2 because this guac is so scrumptious that it’s hard to stop eating it.
Speaking of taste testing, it’s important to add enough salt to give it the best flavor possible.
So, make sure to add more salt if needed.
This guacamole is best when made right before serving so the color is nice and bright.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Ripe Hass avocados, red onion, Roma tomatoes, lime, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and salt
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Cut each avocado in half and remove the seed.
Scoop out the avocado meat from the skin…
…and add it to a medium size bowl.
Mash the avocado with a fork…
…leaving some bite size pieces.
To the bowl, add the juice from a lime.
Mix the lime juice in with the avocado.
Cut tomatoes in half and remove and discard the seeds.
Chop the tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
Next, to the bowl add…
…chopped red onion.
Cilantro and Jalapeno:
To the bowl add chopped cilantro…
…and chopped jalapeno pepper (remove the seeds from the jalapeno pepper…unless more heat is preferred).
To the bowl add salt,
…and mix together.
Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
For garnish, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Serve chilled or…
…at room temperature.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 3 ripe Hass avocados medium to large size
- 1 lime
- 3 Roma tomatoes or 2 medium size regular tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions (heaping)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (heaping)
- 1 Jalapeno pepper (stem and seeds removed, chopped) or 2 if you like more heat
- 4 dashes salt or salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cut each avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out the avocado and add to a medium size bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork leaving some bite size pieces.
- Add the juice from a lime and mix together. Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
- To the bowl, add the red onion, cilantro, jalapeno and salt. Mix together.
- Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This recipe was originally posted on April 21, 2012.
Serve this guacamole with Mexican food such as tacos, tostadas, taquitos, and nachos.
More Guacamole Recipes
Here are more guacamole recipes you may like “Mini Shrimp Tostadas with Homemade Guacamole“, “Layered Chipotle Guacamole” and “Roasted Bell Pepper and Garlic Guacamole“.
Recipes Made with Avocados
More Recipes with Avocados You May Like:
Corned Beef Taquitos with Avocado Sauce
Eggplant Supper Soup with Corn on the Cob and Avocado
If you plop the seed back in with the guac after it’s made, it will help keep it from turning brown, then just remove it before serving.
Hi Vicky, thank you for mentioning this. I’m going to try it next time I make guacamole. Thank you again!
Looks wonderful, and I do love guacamole with my eggs 🙂 Never tried it as a replacment for salad dressing though, will have to give it a try…
This looks so easy to do. I’m totally bookmarking this! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you and have a nice weekend!