Ham, Apple and Blue Cheese Wrap
Flavor packed and ready in 15 minutes.
Who would have thought that a green colored sandwich or wrap would look appetizing.
Well this one sure does and it even adds a nice contrast to the scrumptious ingredients that on inside the wrap.
These Garden Spinach Herb wraps are soft which is perfect for rolling, and have a light herb taste.
The ingredients in this wrap remind me of salads that have blue cheese in them with a sweet counterpart like apples.
I like to load up on the apples in this wrap because the sweet or tart taste goes so well with the blue cheese and the ham.
These wraps hold up nicely in the fridge too if made ahead of time.
It’s something different to pack for lunch at work too.
And a great color of green for a festive St. Patrick’s Day treat.
Any color or type of wrap or tortilla would work great for this sandwich so feel free to change up the wrap to your liking.
Here’s a wrap made in a whole wheat tortilla which looks and tastes wonderful “Turkey Cranberry and Cream Cheese Pecan Wrap“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Sliced deli ham (Black Forest ham is a nice option because it’s slightly sweet and goes well with the blue cheese), Granny Smith apple, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, crumbled blue cheese, spinach, coarse black pepper, red onion (optional), and Garden Spinach Herb wraps (or your favorite wrap or flour tortilla)
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Thinly slice the red onion and set aside.
With the skin still on, cut the apple in half from the top to the bottom of the apple.
Then cut each half into slices (around the core) that are about 1/4 of an inch thick. Set aside.
Cut the spinach into strips and set aside.
Next, lay the wrap on a large cutting board or plate and…
…spread the mayonnaise,
Dijon mustard on the wrap.
Add the ham,
…kind of “fluffing” it up rather than laying it flat.
sprinkle coarse pepper on top of the ham.
Lay the slices of apple and blue cheese…
on top of the ham…
…top with thinly sliced spinach…
…and red onions (optional).
Gently fold the right and left sides of the wrap inwards about 1-1/2 inches on each side.
Then roll the wrap starting with the end closest to you towards the other end like you would a burrito.
Cut in half on a diagonal.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Sandwich Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Ham, Apple and Blue Cheese Wrap
- 2 large Garden Spinach Herb Wraps or your favorite wrap or flour tortilla
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 servings thinly sliced deli ham (Black Forest ham is an option)
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple or any type you have on hand
- 2 cups lightly packed cut strips of fresh spinach
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 very thin slices of red onion optional
- For the Apple - With the skin still on, cut the apple in half from the top to the bottom of the apple. Then cut each half into slices (around the core) that are about ¼ of an inch thick. Set aside.
- For the Wrap - Lay the wrap on a large cutting board or plate and spread the mayonnaise and mustard on the wrap.
- Add the ham, kind of “fluffing” it up rather than laying it flat. Sprinkle pepper on top of the ham.
- Top the ham with a layer of apple slices, crumbled blue cheese, spinach and onions.
- Gently fold the right and left sides of the wrap inwards about 1-1/2 inches on each side.
- Roll the wrap starting with the end closest to you towards the other end like you would a burrito.
- Cut in half on a diagonal. Serve alone or with soup or salad.