Malted Milk Date Shake
This one’s a winner.
A date shake is iconic in the Palm Springs California area.
Whenever I’m in the area or even just passing through I have to stop to get a date shake.
It gets really hot in the dessert and a date shake really hits the spot.
There’s also an iconic place with date shakes on Pacific Coast Highway in Southern California overlooking the ocean called the “Shake Shack”.
It’s been there since the 1940’s and is now called “Ruby’s Shake Shake”.
Here’s a link to a post from The Harvest Kitchen with background and pictures of the Shake Shack plus another date shake recipe you may like “Shake Shack Date Shake“.
Since I’m a big fan of malted milk in shakes, this version of a date shake has malted milk in it.
There’s only 4 ingredients in this yummy shake, let’s check them out.
Dates (Medjool are good…I used Deglot Noor), milk, malted milk powder, and vanilla ice cream
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Cut the dates into medium size pieces.
Medjool dates are really good for shakes because they’re so sweet.
I used Deglet Noor dates because that’s what was available in the store….and they were great in this shake.
Add the dates in the blender.
add the malted milk powder.
Next add the milk. I used fat free milk in this recipe.
If you’re using whole milk or cream, you may need to add a touch more if the shake is too thick.
add the ice cream,
…put the top on the blender.
Next, blend on the “milkshake” setting if you have one.
If not, try the “chop” or “smoothie” setting so that the mixture is thick but not liquefied.
Pour the milkshake into serving glasses…
…leaving about an inch of space from the top of the glass.
Then add a small scoop of ice cream on top of the shake in each glass for garnish…
…and serve right away while cold.
Thank you for stopping by CCC!
More Desserts Made With Vanilla Ice Cream You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 2/3 cup dates, cut in pieces
- 2 teaspoons malted milk powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream (for the milkshake)
- 3 small scoops vanilla ice cream (for garnish)
- Cut the dates into medium size pieces. Medjool dates are really good for shakes because they’re so sweet. Deglet Noor dates also work well.
- Add the dates, malted milk powder, milk, and 4 cups of ice cream to the blender.
- Next, put the top on the blender, and blend on the “milkshake” setting if you have one. If not, try the “chop” or “smoothie” setting so that the mixture is thick but not liquefied.
- Pour the milkshake into serving glasses leaving about an inch of space from the top of the glass.
- Then add a small scoop of ice cream on top of the shake in each glass for garnish.
- Serve right away while cold.