Pomegranate Piña Colada
Quick to make. Even more quick to disappear.
Piña Coladas make me think of summer things like tropical music, sunshine, the beach, flip flops, the smell of tanning lotion, and warm evenings.
Here’s a spin on a Piña Colada (for adults only) that’s made with pomegranate juice which adds just a bit of tart flavor, and a pretty pink color to the mix.
Frozen pineapple juice concentrate is used to sweeten the drink, and it also adds to the classic Piña Colada flavor.
An added bonus when using frozen pineapple juice is that the leftovers can be put in a plastic freezer bag or container, and stored in the freezer for the next time you make Piña Coladas.
If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, in place of the rum add sparkling water or club soda.
Let’s check out the ingredients for this Piña Colada.
Fresh 100% pomegranate juice, cream of coconut, frozen pineapple juice (concentrate), white rum, crushed ice, maraschino cherries with stems, fresh pineapple slices (optional for garnish), shredded coconut (optional for garnish)
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
In a blender, add cream of coconut,
frozen pineapple juice concentrate…
…fresh pomegranate juice.
Then add rum (for a non-alcoholic version, instead of rum use sparkling water or club soda),
blend on the smoothie setting.
Pour into serving glasses…
…with a small serving spoon, drizzle just a bit of pomegranate juice on top of the Piña Colada for added color.
Garnish with maraschino cherries, sliced pineapple and shredded coconut (optional).
Serve right away while it’s ice cold and…
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Piña Coladas You May Like:
Pina Colada Floats by Diethood
Tropical Pina Colada Cupcakes by Baking A Moment
Pina Colada Banana Bread by An Edible Mosaic
Pina Colada Cookies With Rum Glaze by Lauren’s Latest
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1 cup fresh 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- ¾ cup cream of coconut
- ¾ cup white rum
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 3 maraschino cherries with stems for garnish
- 3 pineapple slices optional for garnish
- 3 teaspoons shredded coconut optional for garnish
- To a blender, add cream of coconut, frozen pineapple juice concentrate, pomegranate juice, rum, and ice. Blend on the smoothie setting.
- Pour into serving glasses. With a small serving spoon, drizzle just a bit of pomegranate juice on top of the Piña Colada for added color.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries, fresh pineapple and shredded coconut (optional). Serve right away while it's ice cold.