Baked Homemade Croutons with Rosemary
Baked homemade croutons that are delicious on salads, soups or as a snack.
Homemade croutons are easy to make and are a nice addition to salads and soups.
In this recipe, there are 2 types of bread: a loaf of French bread and a small loaf of dark wheat bread.
The contrasting colors of these 2 types of bread give the croutons an interesting and appetizing appearance.
About the Ingredients
The ingredients include butter, olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, rosemary leaves, granulated garlic, and dried parsley.
These croutons are highly customizable by changing the bread or seasonings to your liking.
If there are any leftovers, these croutons can be stored in a plastic zipper storage bag.
They make a great finger food snack too.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
A loaf of French bread, small loaf of dark wheat or oat bread, butter, fresh rosemary leaves, granulated garlic, dried parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and olive oil
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
For the Bread – Cut the bread (including the crust) into 1-inch squares.
In a large mixing bowl, add the cut pieces of bread (depending on the size of bowl used, the recipe may need to be made in 2 batches).
For the Seasonings – In a separate small bowl add chopped rosemary, Parmesan cheese, granulated, dried parsley and salt.
Stir together and set aside.
Rosemary and Butter:
For the Rosemary and Butter – In a separate small microwavable bowl add 10 rosemary leaves.
Cover the bowl with a paper towel.
Warm the butter mixture in the microwave (for 25-second intervals) until it melts.
For the Croutons:
For the Croutons – To the large bowl with the bread, drizzle butter (with the rosemary leaves) over the bread and gently mix together.
To the large bowl, add the seasonings and mix together.
On a large sheet pan, add the pieces of bread evenly on the pan.
On top of the bread, drizzle olive oil.
Baking the Croutons – Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Occasionally move the croutons around using a spatula.
Then turn up the heat to 375 degrees F. for a few minutes…just long enough so that the croutons get slightly browned.
Cool before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Baked Homemade Croutons with Rosemary
- 1 loaf French bread cut (including the crust) into 1-inch squares.
- 1 small loaf dark wheat or oat bran bread
- 3/4 cube/stick butter (salted)
- 2 long sprigs fresh rosemary leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cut pieces of bread (depending on the size of the bowl used, this may need to be made in two batches). Set aside.
- In a microwavable small bowl add butter and 10 Rosemary leaves. Cover the bowl with a paper towel and warm at 25-second intervals until the butter is melted.
- To the large bowl with the bread, drizzle butter (with the rosemary leaves) over the bread and gently mix together.
- To the large bowl, add granulated garlic, dried parsley, and grated Parmesan cheese over the bread and gently mix together.
- To a large sheet pan (with sides) add the pieces of bread, making sure that the pieces are spread out and laying evenly on the pan. On top of the bread drizzle olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Occasionally move the croutons around using a spatula.
- Then turn up the heat to 375 degrees F. for a few minutes. Just long enough so that the croutons get slightly browned.
- Let cool before serving.
Recipes Made with Bread
Here are Salad Recipes to Serve with Croutons You May Like: