Easy Homemade Garlic Bread
This quick and easy garlic bread is always a good idea.
Here’s a delicious easy recipe for homemade garlic bread.
Years ago, when I worked in the service deli at a grocery store, we made garlic bread every day so that the customer just had to bake it in the oven before serving.
This basic garlic bread recipe is the same way I used to make it in the service deli with the exception of adding just a bit more of each topping.
I’ve made it more times than I can count, and it never lets me down.
It always tastes so good.
When I have guests over for dinner, I make this garlic bread ahead of time in the morning or afternoon and put it in the cold oven to store it until it’s time to bake it.
The trick is not to forget it’s in the oven.
Don’t be like me and forget to serve it with the dinner!
Let’s check out the ingredients.
A loaf of wheat or white French bread, butter (softened), paprika, granulated garlic, dried parsley flakes and grated Parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut the French bread.
It can be cut in half lengthwise, cut into quarters, or cut into thick slices; however you prefer.
Using a spatula, spread softened butter on top of the cut side of the bread.
Then sprinkle the granulated garlic on top of the butter.
Using the spatula spread the granulated garlic evenly over the bread…
…sprinkle the paprika over the butter and garlic and spread it evenly over the bread.
Add parsley flakes,
and with a spatula, spread it evenly over the top of the bread.
Top with grated Parmesan cheese,
…with a spatula lightly spread it over the top of the bread.
Wrap the garlic bread in foil and set on a cookie sheet.
Bake in a preheated oven (at 375 degrees F.) for 10 minutes then remove the bread from the oven, carefully open the foil up and put it back in the oven so that the garlic bread will toast.
Continue baking in the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes until the bread is hot all the way through and the top is slightly toasted.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Easy Homemade Garlic Bread
- 1 large loaf French Bread wheat or white
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (salted) softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika (sweet paprika)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the French bread. It can be cut in half lengthwise, cut into quarters, or cut into thick slices; however you prefer.
- Using a spatula, spread the butter on top of the cut side of the bread.
- Sprinkle granulated garlic on top of the butter. Using the spatula, spread the granulated garlic evenly over the bread.
- Sprinkle paprika and parsley flakes over the butter and garlic and using a spatula spread it evenly over the bread.
- Top with the grated Parmesan cheese and using a spatula lightly spread it over the top of the bread.
- Wrap the garlic bread in foil and set on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven (at 375 degrees F.) for 10 minutes then remove the bread from the oven, carefully open the foil up, and put the bread back in the oven so it will toast.
- Continue baking in the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes until the bread is hot all the way through and the top is slightly toasted. Serve warm.
This garlic bread makes a delicious side dish or appetizer that can be served with Pasta, Soups and Salads.
Recipes Made with Garlic
Here are more recipes with garlic you may like “Smoked Gouda and Garlic Mashed Potatoes“, “Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes” and “Roasted Asparagus and Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese“.
Comfort Food Recipes
Comfort Food Recipes you may like:
Candied Yams (Sweet Potatoes) with Pecans and Marshmallows
Candied Sweet Potatoes (Canned Yams), with Walnuts and Marshmallows
Baked Herb and Parmesan Potato Slices
Biscoff Cookie Butter Blondie Brownies
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
I love garlic bread. I have to make time to try the recipe. It’s gonna go well with all the pasta I’ve been eating the past few days..
Hi Christine, I hope you enjoy it. Have a great day!
I love this easy recipe. We really have to be ready with a trusted recipe like this. You’ll never know when your pasta needs a perfect match…
That’s so very true!
This looks delicious! Lovely photos!
Hi Emily, thank you very much.