Nostalgic gumdrops in cookies are delicious with each bite.
Gumdrops are such a colorful candy and have been around for over 100 years.
They look magical as a decoration on a gingerbread house and are often used for “candy crafting” (making crafts out of candy).
There are fruit flavored gumdrops that are often referred to as just “gumdrops” and spice flavored gumdrops often referred to as “spice drops”.
I often buy gumdrops during the holidays and it almost never fails, without realizing it I mistakenly grab the spice drops instead of the fruit gumdrops.
There’s nothing like expecting to bite into an orange fruit flavored candy and instead biting into a spicy clove flavored candy.
For this cookie recipe the fruit flavored gumdrops are used but if you’re a fan of the spice drops, feel free to change the flavor of the gumdrops.
The hardest part about this recipe is trying to stop snacking on the gumdrops while making the cookies.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, eggs, water, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, small fruit flavored gumdrops and chopped walnuts
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl add butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, water and vanilla extract.
Beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
In a medium size bowl add flour, salt and baking soda. Stir together.
To the large bowl, slowly add the flour a little at a time while…
…mixing the dough on the low setting.
Using a large sturdy spoon, stir the gumdrops and nuts into the cookie dough.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet with butter.
Drop the dough by the teaspoon full onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from one another.
Bake in a preheated oven until light brown (about 12 to 15 minutes).
Transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack and let cool before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Cookie Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1 cup (2 cubes) butter for the cookie dough
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) small fruit flavored gumdrops
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened to grease the cookie sheet multiple times when cooking in batches
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, add flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, water and vanilla. Beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- To the large bowl, slowly add the flour mixture a little at a time while mixing the dough on the low setting.
- Using a large sturdy spoon, stir the gumdrops and nuts into the cookie dough.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with butter.
- Drop the dough by the teaspoon full onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from one another.
- Bake in a preheated oven until light brown (about 12 to 15 minutes).
- Transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack and let cool before serving.