Ground Turkey Sloppy Joe Sliders
These ground turkey sloppy Joe sliders are easy to make and are a crowd pleaser every time.
Sloppy Joes and comfort food go hand in hand.
This sloppy Joe recipe is made in a large skillet and instead of ground beef, it’s made with ground turkey.
The ground turkey absorbs the sloppy Joe sauce nicely and makes the meal a bit lighter overall than it is when made with ground beef.
About the Ingredients
Although this recipe has ground turkey in it, feel free to change up the ground meat to beef, pork or chicken if preferred.
The sauce for these sloppy Joes is made with onion, bell pepper and a lot of ketchup.
And to add some heat to the sauce, hot sauce is added which gives the sloppy Joes a wonderful spicy sweet flavor.
If there happen to be leftovers, the sloppy Joes (just the meat mixture) last nicely in the freezer.
It’s great to have sloppy Joe leftovers in the freezer for the nights when I’m too tired to cook or just can’t think of what to make for dinner.
Just thaw and warm up the sloppy Joe meat mixture, then serve it on a toasted bun.
And dinner is served.
Here are more sandwich recipes you may like “Slow Cooker Pulled Pork and Cheese Jalapeno Sandwich“, “Cheesy Meatball Sandwich with Marinara Sauce” and “Fried Chicken and Bacon Gravy Sliders“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Ground turkey, olive oil, onion, bell pepper, onion powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, hot sauce, and slider rolls (or small sandwich rolls or buns)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Chop the onion…
and the green bell pepper.
Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
To the skillet add onion…
and bell pepper.
Sauté for about 4 minutes.
Stir as the vegetables are cooking.
To the pan, add ground turkey,
Add onion powder.
Continue to stir as the ingredients are cooking until the turkey is completely cooked.
Then, to the pan add Worcestershire sauce,
Next, add water,
Add hot sauce…
Cover the pan.
Simmer on low heat until the mixture thickens (about 8 minutes).
Give it one more good stir and serve on lightly toasted buns.
Then enjoy each wonderful bite.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Sloppy Joe Recipes You May Like:
Sloppy Joes from The Pioneer Woman
Sloppy Joes from Simply Recipes
Crockpot Sloppy Joes from Lauren’s Latest
Enchilada Sloppy Joe Recipe from Taste And Tell
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Ground Turkey Sloppy Joe Sliders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 dashes salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 9 slider buns or small rolls or buns
- Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add olive oil, onions and bell pepper. Sauté for about 4 minutes. Stir as the vegetables are cooking.
- To the pan, add ground turkey, salt, pepper and onion powder. Continue to stir as the ingredients are cooking until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.
- Then add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, water, and hot sauce. Stir together.
- Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat until the mixture thickens (about 8 minutes).
- Just before serving, stir all ingredients. Serve on lightly toasted buns.