Veggie Berry Smoothie
A cinch to throw together.
When berries are in season and especially when they’re on sale it’s the perfect time to take advantage of the low prices and stock up.
But let’s face it, you can only eat so many berries before they start to go bad.
If you have to throw them away then there goes all your savings, and it’s a shame to waste them.
A great place to store extra berries is in the freezer.
Just put them in freezer zipper bags and freeze the extra berries for use in smoothies, desserts, sauces, or for baking, toppings and jams.
I like to use the quart size plastic zipper bags so that I can fit them in the nooks and crannies of my freezer since it’s always stuffed to the brim with other sale items.
Then for a quick and easy breakfast, snack or even dessert, grab one of the bags of frozen berries and add them to the blender along with other delicious ingredients and just like that, you have a smoothie for breakfast that you can sip on the go.
While adding the smoothie ingredients in the blender why not sneak in some veggies.
Raw veggies for breakfast?
Yes, your taste buds will never know the difference because when blended, and served ice cold, this veggie berry smoothie is really really good.
Here are more vegetable recipes you may like “Roasted Beet and Blueberry Salad with Mustard Dressing“, “Broccoli, Bacon and Mandarin Orange Salad” and “Spaghetti Squash Nachos“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Blackberries, strawberries, purple cabbage, carrots, spinach, kale, orange juice, almond milk (original flavor, unsweetened), Greek yogurt, flax seed, honey and ice
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
In a blender…
yogurt, almond milk,
Blend on the smoothie setting until smooth.
If the consistency is too thick, add a little more almond milk at a time, using the pulse setting to blend until the desired consistency is reached.
Serve right away while it’s ice cold.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Smoothie Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1 cup carrots chopped in large pieces
- ½ cup purple cabbage chopped in large pieces
- 2 whole kale leaves (small to medium size leaves including stems)
- 7 whole spinach leaves (including stems)
- 1 cup blackberries
- 8 whole strawberries (medium to large size)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup almond milk (original flavor, unsweetened)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 10 large ice cubes
- In a blender add the carrots, purple cabbage, kale, spinach, blackberries, strawberries, yogurt, almond milk, orange juice, flax seed, honey, and ice.
- Blend together until smooth. If the consistency is too thick add more almond milk a little at a time using the pulse setting to blend together. Serve right away while it's ice cold.