Linguine with Tomato Cream Sauce
Make this restaurant-style tomato cream sauce and whole grain linguine in the comfort of your very own home in just 30 minutes.
Whole grain pasta with tomato cream sauce is a great way to amp up a meatless meal to fill up without feeling overly full.
Adding cream, or half and half to a tomato-based sauce gives the sauce such a nice richness.
This pasta sauce starts its life with butter, olive oil, shallots and garlic.
After adding tomato sauce, spices, grated Parmesan, and half and half, the sauce is all but done.
Here are more recipes made with a quick and easy homemade sauce you may like “Cheesy Meatball Sandwich with Marinara Sauce“, “Pork Meatballs, Spaghetti and Marinara Wine Sauce” and “Italian Sausage and Radiatore Pasta with Homemade Sauce“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Whole grain linguine, butter, olive oil, a shallot, garlic, tomato sauce, half and half, butter, olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, dried red chili flakes, fresh basil, salt and pepper
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Chop the shallots and garlic.
Set aside for a moment.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add the butter…
Continuously stir while cooking for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the tomato sauce,
dried red pepper flakes…
Then add half and half,
grated Parmesan cheese, and stir.
Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the sauce is simmering, cook the linguine.
In a medium-size pot, bring water to a boil.
….and the linguine.
Let cook until the pasta is al-dente (about 4 minutes).
Drain the noodles and add them to the sauce.
Chop the basil…
…add it to the pasta.
top with red pepper flakes (optional),
and Parmesan cheese.
Serve while warm.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Pasta Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Linguine with Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 servings uncooked whole grain linguine (about 4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt (for the water that the pasta is cooked in)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot peeled and chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes or to taste (for the sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste (for the sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (for the sauce)
- 9 ounces half and half
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (for the topping)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (for the topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional, for garnish)
- Heat a large skillet on low to medium heat and add the butter, olive oil, shallots and garlic. Stir as the mixture cooks for 2 minutes.
- To the pan, add tomato sauce, salt, dried red pepper flakes, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and half and half. Stir.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the linguine; in a medium-size pot, add water, salt and bring it to a boil.
- To the boiling water, add the pasta. Stir gently and let cook uncovered until the noodles are al-dente (about 4 to 5 minutes or according to package instructions).
- Drain the noodles (don't rinse) and add them to the sauce pot. Gently stir until the noodles are coated with the sauce.
- Top with fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, and dried red pepper flakes (optional). Serve while warm.