Peach, Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
“Just because” is a great reason to make this ice cold refeshing smoothie.
Smoothies are the best because they’re easy to make, ready in minutes and taste so good.
In this smoothie with peaches, blueberries and banana, it’s as though no one flavor stands out, and the blend has a mild and refreshing delicious taste of its own.
This smoothie is also made with plain yogurt which adds thickness and richness similiar to a milkshake but more on the light side.
An optional ingredient added in this recipe are flax seeds which adds fiber and tiny bits of crunch.
When making a smoothie there’s an order in which the ingredients should be added so that it turns out nice and creamy.
A rule of thumb is that liquids and soft ingredients go in first, and the harder ingredients go in last.
So for example to the blender jar,
- First, add liquids such as juice, water or milk
- Second, add soft ingredients like yogurt, fresh (unfrozen) cut fruit and berries, or honey
- Then add items such as frozen cut fruit and berries, vegetables or nuts
- Lastly add the ice
When blending a smoothie, to avoid an air pocket from forming by the blade in the blender jar, there needs to be a good balance between the liquid and frozen ingredients (including ice).
Smoothies are best when served right away while ice cold.
So if making this on a hot day, adding extra ice may be needed to make sure the smoothie is ice cold.
Here are more Smoothie Recipes you may like “Peach, Berry and Cream Smoothie“, “Kiwi Berry Smoothie“, “Triple Chocolate Mocha and Banana Malted Smoothie“, and “Nutella, Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Peaches, blueberries (frozen or fresh), banana, plain yogurt, fresh lemon juice, honey, crushed ice, water and flax seeds (optional)
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
In a blender jar…
…blueberries (frozen or fresh)…
…and flax seed.
The addition of flax seed is optional.
…to the blender, add fresh lemon juice…
…cut pieces of fresh peaches…
…and crushed ice.
Time for blending…
Blend on the smoothie setting until creamy.
Do a taste test and add (pulse in) more honey if needed.
Serve right away while ice cold…
…and enjoy each and every…
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Refreshing Drinks You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 lemon (juice only) juiced
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey or add to taste
- 1 teaspoon flax seed (optional)
- 1 whole ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 whole ripe peach seeded and cut into medium size pieces (skin-on)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- In a blender jar, add water, lemon juice, yogurt, honey, banana, blueberries, cut pieces of peach, flax seed (optional) and crushed ice.
- Blend on the smoothie setting until creamy. Do a taste test and add (pulse in) more honey if needed.
- Serve right away while ice cold.