Red Velvet Ice Cream Float
Your friends and family thank you in advance for this.
Can you guess what 2 ingredients make up the red velvet color?
Here’s a hint, neither one is soda pop.
Another hint, both have antioxidants associated with them.
Ok, here’s the answer…
The deep red velvet color is made with 2 ingredients, 100% pomegranate juice and double chocolate syrup.
The combination of these two flavors is a delicious match up with vanilla ice cream.
The taste may be best described as tangy, rich, sweet and repeat.
It’s a fun, quick and easy dessert.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
100% pomegranate juice, double chocolate syrup, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream (or Cool Whip topping), and candy sprinkles (red and pink based colors look nice with the red velvet).
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
In a large measuring cup with a pouring spout, add the pomegranate juice.
Add the chocolate sauce…
…stir together until incorporated.
Vanilla Ice Cream:
In serving glasses, add the ice cream.
Red Velvet and Vanilla Ice Cream:
Pour the red velvet mixture as close to the inside edge of the glass as possible…
…so that the scoops of ice cream are still showing (if the serving glasses are similar to this martini glass).
Add Topping and Serve:
Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip topping.
Garnish with candy sprinkles.
Serve right away and enjoy.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
SUBSCRIBE TO CCC
Don’t Miss a CCC Recipe! Subscribe now to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO COUPON CLIPPING COOK.
Red Velvet Ice Cream Float
- 2 cups 100% pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons double chocolate syrup
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whipped cream or Cool Whip topping
- Candy sprinkles red and pink-based colors
For the Red Velvet Mixture:
- In a large measuring cup with a pouring spout, add the pomegranate juice and chocolate syrup. Stir together until incorporated.
For the Float:
- In serving glasses, add the ice cream.
- Pour the red velvet mixture as close to the inside edge of the glass as possible so that the scoops of ice cream are still showing (if the glasses are similar to the shape of a martini glass).
- Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip topping and garnish with candy sprinkles. Serve right away.
Here are more dessert recipes you may like “Easy Desserts Made or Served with Vanilla Ice Cream“, “Malted Milk Ball Shake Float” and “Chocolate on Chocolate Dessert in a Glass“.
Other Ice Cream Float Recipes
More Ice Cream Floats You May Like:
Guinness Float by The Pioneer Woman
Gingerbread Ice Cream Float by Love and Olive Oil
Cold Brew Coffee Soda Floats by How Sweet It Is
Shirley Temple Ice Cream Float by Coupon Clipping Cook