Smoked Paprika and Lime Spicy Popcorn
A spicy buttery snack or appetizer.
There’s nothing like the smell and sound of popcorn popping. It smells soooo good.
It’s one of my all-time favorite foods.
When I was a kid, my very favorite popcorn in the whole world was….Kmart popcorn.
Loved it! I would even pick that over candy.
This popcorn recipe has a real pop to it. Not a “pop” as in sound, but “pop” as in flavor.
The cayenne pepper, touch of smoked paprika, and lime juice taste wonderful together.
And not to mention the butter and salt that goes along with it.
It’s a unique snack that really hits the spot.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Popped popcorn, butter, smoked paprika, ground red cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt and fresh lime juice
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Pop the popcorn.
I like to use a microwave popcorn popper.
It’s so very cool because there’s no oil required.
Just add the popcorn, put the lid on, and in a few minutes….popped popcorn.
Just like that.
Set the popcorn aside.
Heat a small saucepan on low to medium heat and add butter.
To the pan, add onion powder…
…and cayenne pepper (if you don’t like too much heat, use less cayenne pepper).
…to the pan,
…add smoked paprika.
Stir the spices and butter together.
Continue stirring until the butter is completely melted (about 2 minutes).
Put the popped popcorn in separate serving dishes (or all of the popcorn in one big bowl).
Drizzle the smoked paprika and spice butter mixture…
…over the popped popcorn.
…salt to taste.
…sprinkle the juice of half a lime over each serving.
Serve while the popcorn is still warm…
A great snack when friends come over or just for yourself.
You may need to make extra because it’s so good.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Snack Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 dashes smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lime
- Heat a small sauce pan on low to medium heat and add butter, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and smoked paprika (if you don’t like too much heat, use less cayenne pepper).
- Stir the spices and butter together.
- Continue stirring until the butter is completely melted (about 2 minutes).
- Put the popped popcorn in separate serving dishes (or all of the popcorn in one big bowl).
- Drizzle the smoked paprika and spice butter mixture over the popped popcorn.
- Salt to taste, and sprinkle the juice of half a lime over each serving of popcorn.
- Serve while the popcorn is still warm.