Nacho Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
Need an idea for what to bring to a potluck? Or an appetizer for game day? These scrumptious deviled eggs have you covered.
They last nicely in the fridge which works out great when making them ahead of time.
For a little deviled egg, each one of these packs a spicy punch thanks to hot nacho jalapenos (from a jar) that are in the egg filling as well as on top of the deviled egg for garnish.
The egg filling has chili powder, ground cumin and chopped cilantro in it which adds a wonderful “south of the border” flavor.
Just the right amount of salt really makes the taste pop in these deviled eggs so make sure to do a taste test on the filling and add more salt if needed.
Here are more appetizers you may like “Spicy Chicken and Lime Taquitos“, “Twice-Baked Browned Butter, Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Potatoes” and “Spicy Asparagus Deviled Eggs“.
As easy as it sounds to “boil an egg”, there is actually an art to it so not to overcook the eggs.
Here are some great tips on “How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs” from Simply Recipes.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Hard boiled eggs, nacho jalapenos (from a jar), cilantro, green onion, mayonnaise, ground cumin, ground chili, salt and pepper
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Boil the eggs, let them cool, and remove the shell.
Cut each egg in half lengthwise.
Carefully remove the yolk from each egg with a small spoon, and put them in a medium size bowl.
Use a fork to mash the yolks into the smallest pieces possible.
Add mayonnaise and whisk together with the egg yolks…
…until the mixture is smooth.
Chop the cilantro,
and nacho jalapenos.
Then add them to the egg mixture.
Next add the ground cumin,
This is a good time to do a quick taste test to see if more salt is needed.
Fill the hollowed egg whites generously with the egg yolk mixture.
There may be a couple of egg whites leftover.
Top each deviled egg with a slice of nacho jalapeno.
Serve with a piece of lime so the juice can be squeezed on top of the egg right before eating and enjoy.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Recipes with Jalapeno Peppers You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 7 hard boiled eggs cooled and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) chopped green onion including the green part
- 1 tablespoon chopped nacho jalapeno peppers (from a jar) or more if you like more heat
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 dashes of salt or salt to taste
- 1 lime quartered or cut in eighths for garnish
- 14 small slices of nacho jalapeno peppers for garnish
- Cut each cooled hard boiled egg in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, carefully remove the yolk from each egg and put them in a medium size bowl. Use a fork to mash the yolks into the smallest pieces possible.
- To the bowl, add mayonnaise and whisk it together with the egg yolks until the mixture is smooth.
- Add cilantro, green onion, chopped nacho jalapenos, cumin, chili powder, pepper and salt to the egg mixture.
- Mix together. Give it a quick taste test to see if more salt is needed.
- Fill the hollowed out egg whites generously with the egg yolk mixture. There may be a couple egg whites leftover.
- Top each deviled egg with a slice of nacho jalapeno for garnish.
- Serve with a piece of lime so the juice can be squeezed on top of the egg right before eating.
- Store in the refrigerator.