Brown Sugar and Mint Limeade
Sit back and relax with this light and refreshing limeade that’s a wonderful drink any time of the year.
Here’s a refreshing and delicious drink for a hot summer day. Or for any day for that matter.
Recently I was at a hotel that had a beautiful glass dispenser in the lobby that was filled with mint limeade made with brown sugar.
It was there for guests to help themselves so of course I had to try some.
The brown sugar gave this drink such a nice flavor and the light mint flavor was a perfect touch.
The lime and mint are such a refreshing combination and the slight molasses flavor in the brown sugar gives this drink a unique light sweet taste.
This delightful limeade is best when served ice cold.
A pretty and tasty option for serving this limeade is to rim the glasses with a coating of brown sugar.
Before serving, rub a wedge of lime around the rim of the serving glass or a mason jar.
Then put some brown sugar in a plate or small bowl, turn the glass or mason jar upside down, and dip it in the sugar until the rim is completely coated.
Now that is simple goodness I tell you.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Water, limes, fresh mint, and brown sugar
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
In a large pitcher, add water, brown sugar…
…and fresh lime juice.
stir until the brown sugar is dissolved.
to the pitcher, add the mint leaves…
Chill for 2 hours before serving so that the mint will infuse flavor into the limeade.
If a stronger mint flavor is preferred, chill overnight.
The mint leaves will just need to be removed before serving because they’ll turn a dark color.
Just before serving, add the ice to the pitcher…
…serve ice cold.
Garnish with wedges of lime and sprigs of mint.
Then sit back…
…relax and enjoy each and every delicious sip.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Refreshing Drinks You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 medium size limes, juiced (for the limeade)
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges (for garnish)
- 6 small sprigs of mint (for garnish)
- To a large pitcher, add water, brown sugar, and lime juice. Stir until the brown sugar is dissolved. Add mint leaves and stir.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving so that the mint will infuse flavor into the limeade. If a stronger mint flavor is preferred, chill overnight. The mint leaves will just need to be removed before serving because they'll turn a dark color.
- Just before serving, add ice to the pitcher.
- Optional: Brown Sugar Rimmed Serving Glasses/Mason Jars - An option is to rub a wedge of lime around the rim of a serving glass or mason jar. Then put some brown sugar in a plate or small bowl, turn the glass or mason jar upside down, and dip it in the sugar until the rim is completely coated with the brown sugar.
- Serve while ice cold. Garnish the serving glasses with lime wedges and sprigs of mint.