Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Adobo Sauce
These quick and easy shrimp tacos with creamy adobo sauce are impossible not to make over and over again.
Soft tacos are a quick and easy go-to meal and taste so good with shrimp in them.
The shrimp in these soft tacos are seasoned with mixture of spices that add wonderful flavor to the taco.
For a light crunch with each bite, 2 types of raw cabbage is used, green and red cabbage.
The red (or purple) cabbage add beautiful color to the overall dish too.
To top these scrumptious tacos off, a super quick creamy adobo sauce that’s made with just 2 ingredients is drizzled on top.
The combination of flavors and textures are really really good.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
For the Tacos – Large raw deveined and shelled shrimp, ground cumin, chili powder, granulated garlic, pepper, green and purple cabbage, red onion, cilantro, corn tortillas and a lime
For the Creamy Adobo Sauce – Sour cream, can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, fresh lime juice and salt
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Chop the cilantro,
thinly slice the green cabbage…
…and thinly slice the purple cabbage.
Chop the onion and set aside.
For the Creamy Adobo Sauce:
In a small bowl add the adobo sauce from the can of chipotle peppers,
lime juice and salt.
Mix and set aside.
For the Shrimp:
Put the shrimp in a medium size bowl and add the…
Mix together so that the shrimp are coated with the spices.
Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
Then add the shrimp.
Turn the shrimp as they cook until each side is lightly browned and thoroughly cooked (about 6 minutes in total).
Turn the heat off and transfer the shrimp on to a cutting board.
Reserve the remaining olive oil in the pan.
Cut the shrimp in half and put them in a bowl.
Then add the remaining olive oil from the pan in with the pieces of shrimp and mix together.
Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave for about 10 to 12 seconds.
Then top with the shrimp,
and the green and purple cabbage.
Drizzle the adobo sauce on top.
Serve while the tortilla is still warm,
and with a quarter piece of lime for each taco.
…enjoy each and every delicious bite.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Mexican Food recipes you may like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
For the Creamy Adobo Sauce:
- 5 teaspoons Adobo sauce (from a can of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce; 11 ounce can)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 of a whole Lime, juiced
- 2 dashes salt
For the Tacos:
- 4 corn tortillas
- 12 large raw shrimp deveined, cleaned and shells removed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 dashes sea salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 whole lime cut into quarters (for serving)
For the Creamy Adobo Sauce
- In a small bowl add the Adobo sauce, sour cream, lime juice, and salt. Mix until creamy and set aside.
For the Tacos:
- In a medium size bowl, add the shrimp, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, cumin, and salt. Mix together so that the shrimp are coated with the spices.
- Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
- To the pan, add the shrimp. Turn the shrimp as they cook until each side is lightly browned and fully cooked (about 6 minutes in total).
- Turn off the heat and transfer the shrimp on to a cutting board. Reserve the olive oil that's left in the pan.
- Cut the shrimp in half and put them in a bowl. Then add the remaining olive oil from the pan in with the pieces of shrimp and mix together.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave for about 10 to 12 seconds.
- Top each tortilla with shrimp, onion, cilantro, and green and purple cabbage. Drizzle the creamy Adobo sauce on top.
- Serve while the tortillas are still warm, and with a quarter piece of lime with each taco.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link, I may earn a commission. You can read our full disclosure here. In addition I may earn a commission for purchases made via my Amazon Influencer page.