Easy Barbecue Chicken with Rice
Maximum weekday or weekend dinner luxury.
This quick and easy barbecue chicken and rice dinner is great for a busy day go-to meal.
There are just a handful of ingredients in this dish.
The main ingredients are boneless skinless chicken breast, premade barbecue sauce and cooked rice.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Chicken – prepared BBQ sauce that’s a bit on the sweet side*, boneless skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, dried red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, something with a little crunch to top the dish off like green onions, sesame seeds, or finely chopped peanuts
*BBQ sauce that’s just a little on the sweet side works well in this recipe because when adding the red pepper flakes, that sweet, hot, and repeat taste with the chicken is really good.
Rice – brown rice (or white if preferred), water and butter
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
For the Rice:
Rinse and drain the rice.
Add the rice to the cooker.
Add the water…
…cover with the lid and cook the rice.
When the rice is done cooking (about 30 minutes), gently stir in the butter.
For the Chicken:
While the rice is cooking, cut the chicken in small 1-inch pieces.
Sprinkle pepper and…
salt on the chicken.
Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil.
Add the chicken and crushed red pepper.
Then stir occasionally while the chicken is cooking.
…once the chicken is cooked through, add the barbecue sauce and stir to coat the pieces of chicken.
serve the chicken right out of the skillet over hot rice.
Top with green onions…
…and a pinch of dried red pepper flakes for garnish.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Easy Barbecue Chicken with Rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in small pieces (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes or to taste (for the chicken)
- 2 servings of warm cooked brown or white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (for the rice)
- 2 to 3 pinches of dried crushed red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- 2 green onions, chopped (including the green part) (for garnish)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. Add the chicken and crushed red pepper. Stir and cook the chicken until its completely cooked (for 7 to 10 minutes).
- Add the barbecue sauce. Stir until all pieces of the chicken are coated with the sauce.
- To Serve - Mix butter in with the warm rice. Serve the chicken right out of the skillet over warm rice. Garnish with dried red pepper flakes and chopped green onion.
Comfort Food Recipes
Comfort Food Recipes you may like:
Candied Yams (Sweet Potatoes) with Pecans and Marshmallows
Candied Sweet Potatoes (Canned Yams), with Walnuts and Marshmallows
Baked Herb and Parmesan Potato Slices
Biscoff Cookie Butter Blondie Brownies
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
Easy Skillet Smoked Sausage with Caramelized Barbecue Sauce
Recipes with Chicken
Here are more easy main dishes that are made with chicken you may like “Lime Spicy Chicken and Black Bean Bowl“, “Chinese Chicken Salad with Homemade Dressing” and “Fried Chicken and Bacon Gravy Sliders“.
Quick and Easy Recipes
More Quick and Easy recipes with rice:
Grilled Shrimp with Brown Butter and Rice
Chipotle Chicken Fajitas with Rice
Quick and Easy Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice