Chipotle Lime Tortilla Chips
You’re going to immediately wonder why you don’t make these tortilla chips more often.
Have you ever been to a Mexican food restaurant where they serve chili powder on the tortilla chips?
I love this one restaurant that serves chili powder on their chips.
But it’s so distracting when having dinner with others because the minute I spot a chip with a clump of chili powder on it I’m dying to grab it for myself.
I’m hardly able to listen to the conversation because I’m plotting what chip I’m going to grab next.
And then the inevitable happens.
I’ve filled up on chips and I’m too full to eat my dinner.
About these Tortilla Chips:
The good news is that homemade tortilla chips are easy to make and can be easily spiced up by adding as much chili powder as you like.
As a bonus, these chips come with a splash of lime juice too.
I like using popcorn salt on chips because it’s finely grained and sticks to chips nicely.
Even when there are clumps of Chipotle chili powder on them!
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Corn tortillas, canola oil, Chipotle chili powder, lime juice, popcorn or regular salt
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Cut the tortillas into wedges.
Heat a small to medium-size skillet on low to medium heat and add the canola oil.
Add a tortilla wedge in the oil and when the oil starts to bubble add more tortilla wedges.
Carefully watch the oil; if it gets too hot, lower the heat.
Once the bottom sides of the tortillas turn a golden color…
…using tongs, carefully turn them over.
Paper Towel-Lined Plate:
Once both sides of the chips are a golden color, remove them from the pan on to a paper towel-lined large plate.
Continue the process in batches with the remaining chips.
Lime Juice, Chili Powder and Salt:
drizzle lime juice on the chips…
…sprinkle Chipotle chili powder and…
…salt over chips.
In a large bowl, add the chips…
…and gently toss them so that the Chipotle powder and salt cover all sides.
or just by themselves.
Remember to pick the ones with the most chili powder on them first before anyone else can.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Chipotle Lime Tortilla Chips
- 6 corn tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup canola oil amount may vary depending on the size of the skillet
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder
- 5 dashes popcorn or regular salt or salt to taste
- Heat a small to medium-size skillet on low to medium heat and add the canola oil. Add a tortilla wedge in the oil and when the oil starts to bubble add more tortilla wedges.
- Carefully watch the oil; if it gets too hot, lower the heat. Once the bottom sides of the tortillas turn a golden color, using tongs, carefully turn them over.
- Once both sides of the chips are a golden color, remove them from the pan on to a paper towel-lined large plate. Continue the process in batches with the remaining chips.
- Drizzle lime juice on the chips. Sprinkle Chipotle chili powder and salt on the chips.
- In a large bowl, add the chips and gently toss them so that the Chipotle powder and salt cover all sides. Serve with guacamole, salsa, or by themselves.
Serve these chips as a snack, side dish, appetizer or as a finger food on game day.
Mexican Food Inspired Recipes
More Mexican food inspired recipes you may like “Chipotle Shrimp Guacamole“, “Slow Cooker Saucy Ground Taco Meat” and “Jalapeno and Cheese Taquitos“.
Salsa and Guacamole Recipes
Salsa and Guacamole Recipes You May Also Like:
Homemade Cilantro and Garlic Salsa