Browned Butter Banana Dessert
This incredibly simple dessert tastes like a special creation in a fancy restaurant.
One night I was craving something sweet and nothing sounded good until….
I thought about a dessert from one of my favorite restaurants that’s made with a fried banana where the banana has a coating on it like a very light pancake batter and is served with vanilla ice cream.
Then before I knew it, I was heating a skillet, adding butter and letting it brown slightly….then adding brown sugar, and last but not least, a banana.
Within a few minutes the banana started to caramelize and took on the color and flavor of the brown butter which looked just like the banana in the dessert at the restaurant, minus the batter.
Next, out of the pan it came, on to a serving dish and topped with vanilla ice cream, honey, chocolate sauce and toasted almonds.
This dessert tastes wonderful with all of those flavors going on along with the warm bananas and ice cream.
This recipe is a quick and easy variation on Bananas Foster.
It doesn’t have the rum or the cinnamon but it does have the brown sugar and the butter.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Bananas, brown sugar, butter, slivered almonds, honey, and chocolate sauce
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Peel the bananas.
Heat a skillet on medium heat.
Add butter to the pan and…
it turns a very light golden color.
Then add the brown sugar and…
Next add whole bananas.
While the bananas are cooking, gently slide them around in the pan so the bottom side gets coated with the brown sugar and butter mixture.
When the bottom of the bananas caramelize (turn a golden color), gently turn them over with tongs and repeat the same process.
When both sides (top and bottom) of the bananas are caramelized (about 3 or 4 minutes), turn off the heat, and gently remove the bananas from the pan…
…on to a serving plate.
Carefully cut (they will be hot and slightly soft) each banana on a diagonal into 3 pieces.
Serve on a plate for two, a plate for one, or even in a bowl.
Set aside for just a moment while toasting the almonds.
Clean the pan or use another one to toast the almonds.
Heat the pan on low heat and add the slivered almonds.
Continuously stir until the almonds turn a golden color (about 2 to 3 minutes).
Remove the almonds from the pan and put them in a small bowl or dish. Set aside.
To serve, top the bananas with ice cream.
On top of the ice cream add drizzles of honey…
…drizzles of chocolate sauce.
Last but not least, top with toasted almonds…
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Dessert Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 3 whole bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add the butter and stir until it turns a very light golden color. Add brown sugar and stir.
- Add the whole bananas. While the bananas are cooking, gently slide them in the pan so the bottom side gets coated with the brown sugar and butter mixture.
- When the bottom side of the bananas caramelize (turn a golden color), gently turn them over with a pair of tongs and repeat the same process.
- When all sides (top and bottom) of the bananas are caramelized (about 3 or 4 minutes), turn off the heat, and gently remove them from the pan on to a serving dish.
- Carefully cut (they will be hot and slightly soft) each banana diagonally into 3 pieces. Set aside for just a moment while toasting the almonds.
- Clean the pan or use a another one to brown the almonds. Heat the pan on low heat and add the slivered almonds. Continuously stir until the almonds turn a golden color (about 2 to 3 minutes). Remove the almonds from the pan and set aside in a small bowl.
- Top the bananas with ice cream. Drizzle honey and chocolate sauce on the ice cream and top with toasted almonds. Serve right away on a plate, in a bowl, or in a decorative glass.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. In addition I may earn a commission for purchases made via my Amazon Influencer page.
Items Used In This Recipe, Or That You May Like From Amazon: